Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Is there a ticket counter in the First Wing at T5?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2018, 11:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub

Otherwise, are there any designated ticket counters for First/Gold pax?
Old Feb 22, 2018, 11:22 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
I haven’t had to use one for years, the last time to process an AUP, but at that stage there used to be desks in the F check-in area and the lounge. I’d be astonished if they’ve been removed ...
Old Feb 22, 2018, 11:27 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Not 100% sure in the first wing itself, although suspect that they are pro-active enough if any changes are to be made that they would leave you to wait and they would go off and do it. Not tried it myself but reports on here suggest that agents should be able to take CC payments at all BA desks.

Within the F Lounge, on entry from the first wing turn left towards the champagne bar (before you get to the main entrance). There is a customer services desk there who should also be able to help.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 11:33 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
The customer service desk in the GF is normally next to useless for any ticket queries. I always go upstairs to the ticketing ladies and gents in the South Lounge - far more helpful.

aks120
Old Feb 23, 2018, 12:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold
There are ticketing desks at the far left of the First check-in area. I’ve only used them for AUPs pre-FLY, but I heard someone be redirected to them from the check-in next to me just this week.
Cymro likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 12:02 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Otherwise, are there any designated ticket counters for First/Gold pax?
The left hand desks in the First zone on the concourse do ticketing. If you mention to the agents guarding entry that you have a ticketing need they'll guide you there.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 12:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Deleted
Previous post answered my question Thanks everybody!

Last edited by San Gottardo; Feb 23, 2018 at 12:24 am
Old Feb 23, 2018, 1:33 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Just to get the position clear. Ticketing agents are no longer required for AUP, that can normally be handled via any Premium agent in all locations, including inside GF and CCR. This changed in December 2017 but not all staff are aware of this yet. Ticketing agents are needed for other tasks such as changing future bookings.

However there remains at least one ticketing agent on the left side of the First Wing check-in, landside, so the place nearest to the Oversize Baggage area, furthest from security. There is another ticketing desk on the side of Zone E and a few other places in T5. In T3 they are in the main check in area for BA. In LGW they are right at the end of the BA area nearest the wall to airside under the chapel.

There is also a ticketing agent on duty upstairs in Galleries Club South at the customer service desk (so turn left at reception). There is also usually a ticketing agent at North GC, and T3 GC, both at at the Customer Service desks. There may be ticketing agents in other locations (I think they keep one at the main customer service desk in T5B if they can).
Down the back likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 1:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
When I asked in T5B lounge if they did ticketing they said yes, although that may have been staff dependent.

Is it B zone furthest left on the main check in T5 concourse? They have 3-4 ticketing desks on a straight line from drop-off pavement to North fast track security to North Lounge . Usually very efficient with AUP, and keeps everything at the right end for a low number gate A flight ^.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 5:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
I wanted to use the ticket desk on Saturday and desks 1and 2were ticketing in the First Wing.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 5:16 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
I've been directed in there from CE check in to do an AUP recently. Think there was some issue with the checkin agent's pc reading my card, and the CE ticket agent hadn't arrived yet, so they sent me to the FW. And as indicated here, ticketing was indeed first 2 stations on the left

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.