Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CE restricted to 7 rows

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2018, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
So all the rubbish and people wanting free tap water from Economy are going to be coming up and down through the CE cabin.

Hardly a premium experience.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I can't see that happening, BA can simply manipulate the relevant fare buckets to ensure they don't exceed 28 CE passengers and outside irrops that will normally work fine, they have a lot of experience in doing this fairly accurately. Moreover - and accepting this is so far Galley FM rather than factual - for the handful of LHR routes where 7 rows is insufficient, notably GVA at peak hours, they will simply roster other aircraft to cover the service. LGW and LCY are presumably unaffected. I'd be surprised if this made a noticeable difference in the short term, not that many services go over 7 rows, long term there are other factors at play which are indeed interesting.
Why would LGW be unaffected? The long term goal is complete IAG-wide A32x fleet harmonisation correct?
Old Feb 21, 2018, 5:20 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Dave_C
Why would LGW be unaffected? The long term goal is complete IAG-wide A32x fleet harmonisation correct?
LGW isn't getting the densified aircraft and LGW is getting those LHR aircraft which are too difficult or expensive to retro-fit (see main NEO thread). You're right about IAG's harmonisation goal but they haven't harmonised the VY fleet yet, and by the time this is done then I suspect BA will be on the revised CE food proposition anyway.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 5:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
So all the rubbish and people wanting free tap water from Economy are going to be coming up and down through the CE cabin.

With there only being one loo down the back this was always going to be the case. 1C and 1D are not going to be good seats going forward.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 5:34 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Worcester
With there only being one loo down the back this was always going to be the case. 1C and 1D are not going to be good seats going forward.
They are keeping 2 WCs at the back of the A320s, but they will be small and right at the back. However PRM facilities will become possible as a result:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29243290-post166.html
Old Feb 21, 2018, 5:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear

Fair comment.

But in all honesty ....... has it ever been a true ‘premium experience’ ?
T8191 likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 5:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
They are keeping 2 WCs at the back of the A320s, but they will be small and right at the back. However PRM facilities will become possible as a result:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29243290-post166.html

Oh that's better news,
Old Feb 21, 2018, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by Worcester
Oh that's better news,
Not entirely: I suspect it will soon become known to regular and semi regular passengers that the front WC is a lot bigger than the ones at the back, so this isn't going to discourage the relevants. Not that it bothers me in the slightest, but I know it certainly does annoy some CE passengers.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 6:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
... for the handful of LHR routes where 7 rows is insufficient, notably GVA at peak hours, they will simply roster other aircraft to cover the service.
A318 sold only at full J fare maybe...
Old Feb 21, 2018, 6:04 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Not entirely: I suspect it will soon become known to regular and semi regular passengers that the front WC is a lot bigger than the ones at the back, so this isn't going to discourage the relevants. Not that it bothers me in the slightest, but I know it certainly does annoy some CE passengers.
Will the PRM-capable WC not be relatively large, if it needs to fit a wheelchair inside? Or does the wheelchair get parked in the galley?
Old Feb 21, 2018, 6:09 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by Deltus
Will the PRM-capable WC not be relatively large, if it needs to fit a wheelchair inside? Or does the wheelchair get parked in the galley?
There was a post showing the 2 "SpaceFlex" layouts here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29241679

Not sure which one BA is adopting, but in the v2 config, the 2nd toilet looks pretty cozy!
Old Feb 21, 2018, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by Deltus
The way it is done on easyJet (and indeed in some longhaul BA aircraft I believe) is to remove the central divide so 2 small WCs become 1 PRM toilet.

Easyjet to fit planes with wheelchair accessible toiletsThe News

edit: the easyJet version looks like the v1 version in the above link.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 6:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
The way it is done on easyJet (and indeed in some longhaul BA aircraft I believe) is to remove the central divide so 2 small WCs become 1 PRM toilet.

Easyjet to fit planes with wheelchair accessible toiletsThe News

edit: the easyJet version looks like the v1 version in the above link.
I'm confused. Is that a conversion that the crew make in flight ? Otherwise I'm not understanding how it is flexible...
Old Feb 21, 2018, 6:19 am
Suspended

Serious question:

If BA is able to manipulate fare bucket to get the maximum revenue, and to reduce supply to stimulate demand, what is the point to add more seats and remove the perfectly OK toilet and galley space?
Old Feb 21, 2018, 6:21 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by EsherFlyer
I'm confused. Is that a conversion that the crew make in flight ? Otherwise I'm not understanding how it is flexible...
I presume so. Isn't the middle/central set of lavs in WT on the 787 the same, where you can remove the centre dividing partition?

(With apologies to all FTers at the mere suggestion they would tolerate Y on a BA787, in fairness, W has to use those ones too)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.