Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR T3 'Premier security'

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2018, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
LHR T3 'Premier security'

Found out that Heathrow are running a 'Premier security' trial in T3. Does anyone know any more about it? It sounds like it's a queue jump to the front of the line but do they use the regular security channels or fast track?

I tried a dummy booking and was quoted £12.50 so I don't think it's going to disrupt passengers too much, at least it's not £3 or so that many regional airports charge.

As many BA flights depart from T3 I hope that this hasn't impacted the current fast track provision in the terminal.

https://www.heathrow.com/airport-gui...curity-upgrade

I discovered the above link via the LHR app where it was promoted as a 'security upgrade' I had hoped they were announcing an improvement to the facilities for all but turned out not to be.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 7:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH M&M Member
It looks like a very expensive way of jumping to the head of the queue, "A dedicated route to the front of the security line, allowing passengers to minimise any pre-security waiting times."

Anyway, I just looked for tomorrow at 16:00 and got the message, "!Error: ~02We are sorry but we have no products available for your selected date and time" so I'll happily save my £12.50
Old Feb 20, 2018, 7:44 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by layz
As many BA flights depart from T3 I hope that this hasn't impacted the current fast track provision in the terminal.
  • On arrival at Heathrow Terminal 3, after check-in, proceed to the main security area where you will see the Premier Security sign.
  • Present your confirmation email and boarding card to the desk, where you will be prioritised through Security.
Sounds like it will be implemented within the normal security. I don't see how they could possibly implement it at fast track considering that it is already very small.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 7:45 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Is this in addition to Fast Track (which is sometimes very good but other times very poor)?
Old Feb 20, 2018, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Well the blurb in the link says 'main security area' which, to me, means the normal queue rather than the fast track queue

I can see the airlines that pay for fast track security not being very happy - and nor will their passengers be - if other people are going to the head of the fast track queue.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 8:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
although that's effectively what already happens with BA (and others) at Gatwick...anyone can pay for "premium" security, so there are times (Saturdays in summer, for example) where the "fast track" that BA have paid for premium or status passengers is not actually that fast as it's clogged up with randoms who have paid a few quid to skip the queue

most of the time it's fine at LGW security is generally quick across the board and "premium" is normally deserted; but you do sometimes get caught out and no amount of BA status will help you then!
Old Feb 20, 2018, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by South London Bon Viveur
Is this in addition to Fast Track (which is sometimes very good but other times very poor)?
Yes, Premier Security is a paid-for product for those who are not eligible to use Fast Track (ie. non-premium passengers). It's a trial in T3 at the moment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.