Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Silver status for sale on eBay?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2018, 3:02 pm

I wanted to buy it, but sadly it has been sold (well that is what he said)
Old Feb 19, 2018, 5:24 pm

Programs: Deliveroo Plus
Selling partner cards is popular, I know a handful of ggl's that sell the lot every year.

In the end of the day it will always be cheaper than a mileage run, it is good to see everyone here is so particular about ba's t&c's. 😉
hugolover, peanut77 and tedcruz like this.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 3:24 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by yb90
Selling partner cards is popular, I know a handful of ggl's that sell the lot every year.

In the end of the day it will always be cheaper than a mileage run, it is good to see everyone here is so particular about ba's t&c's. ��
Shave off £100, and say he was asking £600 for silver, or £1 per tier point......
So lets say you need 600, you're not even flying so you won't benefit from it. If you have 300tp and need 300 more for silver, so you're flying a bit, outside of sale periods you can easily get £2 per tp (in sales 1.5 or so), E.G LHR-KEF CE. So not only do you get the silver card for the same price (or cheaper) you also get the Miles associated with it, and you get to physically take the trips, fly in CE, use the lounges etcetc. Gold is next to useless if you only fly shorthaul aside from First Departures Lounges and the miles. And lets be honest why bother arriving 3 hours early for a sub 2 hour short haul hop. And if you're flying long haul you'd need to be taking a serious amount of return trips in economy lowest for it to be worth doing. So the market for selling them is basically shmucks and a minute demographic of long haul or short haul economy business travelers.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 4:45 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Originally Posted by All She Wrote
Shave off £100, and say he was asking £600 for silver, or £1 per tier point......
So lets say you need 600, you're not even flying so you won't benefit from it. If you have 300tp and need 300 more for silver, so you're flying a bit, outside of sale periods you can easily get £2 per tp (in sales 1.5 or so), E.G LHR-KEF CE. So not only do you get the silver card for the same price (or cheaper) you also get the Miles associated with it, and you get to physically take the trips, fly in CE, use the lounges etcetc. Gold is next to useless if you only fly shorthaul aside from First Departures Lounges and the miles. And lets be honest why bother arriving 3 hours early for a sub 2 hour short haul hop. And if you're flying long haul you'd need to be taking a serious amount of return trips in economy lowest for it to be worth doing. So the market for selling them is basically shmucks and a minute demographic of long haul or short haul economy business travelers.

You seem to forget the very delicate emotions some people have, I was at a dinner party once where my wife's awful friends husband and several of his mates spent the entire evening discussing various items they had brought (cars etc) and their Elite+ Status with TK and what TK did for them because they were so important. To me it was cringingly embarrassing but obviously very important to them. I can well image someone buying airline status just to keep up with the Jones.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by stuart_f
For a mere £200 you can have this collection of expired BA status cards.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/British-a...AAAOSwlzRahecs
For £200 I'd be wanting the full set, so GGL and Premier!!!
Old Feb 20, 2018, 5:06 am

Programs: Some
What a totally bizarre eBay account - selling 8 EY F Apartment blankets and 1 from the Residence, assume this stuff is stolen by someone else on his behalf, as someone who has flown EY F Apartments 8 times already presumably doesn't need to sell the blankets on eBay...
Old Feb 20, 2018, 6:08 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Worcester
You seem to forget the very delicate emotions some people have, I was at a dinner party once where my wife's awful friends husband and several of his mates spent the entire evening discussing various items they had brought (cars etc) and their Elite+ Status with TK and what TK did for them because they were so important. To me it was cringingly embarrassing but obviously very important to them. I can well image someone buying airline status just to keep up with the Jones.
That must have been agonising to sit through.....
Old Feb 21, 2018, 2:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH Senator
Originally Posted by Jimmie76
For £200 I'd be wanting the full set, so GGL and Premier!!!
plus some concierge key to impress the ladies:

Up in the Air: "Bar Club Cards" from Up in the Air (2009)
dawntreader380 likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 3:37 pm

Programs: BAEC, Etihad Guest, Platinum Tesco Tart
I’m a sucker for makeup bags and so often look at eBay for any interesting amenity bags (without contents) for sale.
I’ve got a fair few old design BA makeup bags, both male and female and all from actual flights but not knowing where my next first class flight is coming from eBay is really tempting for the new Liberty bags.Keep listing them people!
Old Feb 21, 2018, 3:43 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SaraJH
I’m a sucker for makeup bags and so often look at eBay for any interesting amenity bags (without contents) for sale.
I’ve got a fair few old design BA makeup bags, both male and female and all from actual flights but not knowing where my next first class flight is coming from eBay is really tempting for the new Liberty bags.Keep listing them people!
It's more hassle than it's worth to sell them on eBay! I will admit I have hung on to 4 liberty ones from this year, the design is quite nice :P
SaraJH likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 3:50 pm

Programs: BAEC, Etihad Guest, Platinum Tesco Tart
Hmmm I really should remedy my flight preferences and change back to first from J. Unfortunately neither my bank nor avios balances are willing to play ball.
I have a few Anya Hindmarch bags that I treasure, I’ve no idea why because I don’t actually use them?!!!
Jimmie76 likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 3:59 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

The wristlet will make all the difference
Old Feb 21, 2018, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by SaraJH
Hmmm I really should remedy my flight preferences and change back to first from J. Unfortunately neither my bank nor avios balances are willing to play ball.
I have a few Anya Hindmarch bags that I treasure, I’ve no idea why because I don’t actually use them?!!!
I sympathise because I have a cupboard filled with old BA bags and a drawer set filled with moisturiser and other bits and pieces of their contents. I also have the complete set of Anya Hindmarch boxes (excluding the velvet ones) which are on display in my living room in clear plastic bags.
SaraJH likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 5:19 am

Programs: BA GGL, CRC, Delta Plat. Med.
why is GIVING silver memebership to a random person a "correct use"
and receiving anything in return "abuse".
I am curious of your reasoning.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 5:23 am

Programs: BA GGL, CRC, Delta Plat. Med.
you are so full of it.
My husband and I travel very frequently in J and sometimes in First.
BA, AA Cathay an JAL>
we don't STEAL anything but often take the travel kits or pajama with us thinking "I will use it on my connecting short haul flight" or "I will give this pajama as a gift" and then often don't use it.
We have a cupboard FULL of unopened travel bags, of which some we give away when a friend is travelling, but it came to the point that we have in excess of 30...
I can't be bothered to list them on ebay...
but perhaps some people have the time.
we stopped taking anything from the plane to prevent waste.
I see E passengers walking through J cabin and picking up left-behind kits.
That is still not stealing.

what kind of person are you to always think ill of others? ("they surely stole it...")

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.