Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Silver status for sale on eBay?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2018, 6:58 am

When my friends daughter was about 5 she was obsessed with hotel sewing kits- I used to feel bad enough liberating those for her!
Old Feb 19, 2018, 7:04 am

Interestingly, I started a thread on here a few weeks back which alluded to easier ways to attain Silver (using AAdvantage v BAEC for instance) and I received a PM from a member of this forum offering me their Silver membership and asking for an offer of Avios or hotel points. I ignored it and I am wondering if this is the same person.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 7:16 am

Programs: Junior Jet Club, Nando's Card 1 Red Chilli, Tesco Clubcard, BAEC Gold, TK M&S Elite
The plot thickens...
dawntreader380 likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 7:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Looking address up on google maps doesnt look like the kind of residence a GGL would occupy, or maybe I am prejudiced unless its they spend so much time travelling they don't need a nice gaff!
Old Feb 19, 2018, 7:21 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Originally Posted by Raffles
if you knew what went on in the real world, you guys would be shocked. I spent half an hour with the UKs most successful mileage broker recently. The sums fetched for Gold and Silver referrals in the real world are astronomic - more than a small car for a Gold. London is not short of HNWs.

How do the brokers get around the T&Cs of the airlines or is it a matter of them getting the approval from the airline?
Old Feb 19, 2018, 7:41 am

Programs: BA/M&M/HHonors
Wow, this is pretty unbelievable.
With some of those items, I'm more like... why would someone buy it? More than necessarily why would someone sell it. Like - someone else's gold status card?? But what do I know, I clearly don't have the business acumen that this person does
I think my "favourite" is the beach bag lifted from Burj al Arab
Old Feb 19, 2018, 8:05 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, BAEC Gold
Anyone want to buy a Lufthansa rubber duck?
Old Feb 19, 2018, 8:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by All She Wrote
Anyone want to buy a Lufthansa rubber duck?
Nope, but if anyone wants to offload their Delft gin houses I'd be interested
All She Wrote likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 8:26 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Worcester
How do the brokers get around the T&Cs of the airlines or is it a matter of them getting the approval from the airline?
They just ignore them. I think that they require the login credentials of the source and just do a normal award booking. If you have a few spare days on your hands you could read one of the "<airline> took all my miles and closed my account" threads on forums such as the AA one
GaxxyFlyer likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 9:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

You have to admire his business acumen if he manages to sell the 'empty box' for £45.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 9:06 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by HIDDY
You have to admire his business acumen if he manages to sell the 'empty box' for £45.
Bit like the chap who sold an Air-Guitar on the site for a small fortune.

M
Old Feb 19, 2018, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by LeeT
Looking address up on google maps doesnt look like the kind of residence a GGL would occupy, or maybe I am prejudiced unless its they spend so much time travelling they don't need a nice gaff!
West Midlands was the giveaway.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 9:37 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by Fly2Where
Not sure why, I cant stop laughing.... someone taking off airline properties and sell it on Ebay!! Dont they have little sense of shame?
Some people don't have a sense of shame. Some just sent me an article from OMAAT about a lady using the air vents to dry her underwear

Originally Posted by Schwann
And the VW car-jack. Seems that the lad is taking everything that he can get his hands on.

Originally Posted by Worcester
Risky to buy as well at that price with some careful planning you could probably get silver for that amount without the risk of BA cancelling your card and leaving you with nothing.
^. Or pay around twice that and enjoy a holiday in J...

Originally Posted by flyuk
Are you not supposed to leave pillows, blankets and sound cancelling headphones though? I don't know, I've never been tempted to take them.
Amateur. I'm always leaving with a full overhead bin on the left arm and dragging a club world seat off the plane with my right hand.

Originally Posted by flyuk
Blankets and pillows, I guess, aren't too bad, but the guy is selling noise cancelling headphones... They probably cost the airline quite a bit to replace.
Considering that it is stealing either way, it won't really matter if these pillows are worth a fiver or 50 quid.

Originally Posted by HIDDY
In the early days of the iPhone (when it was only available in 5 or 6 countries worldwide) plenty of empty boxes advertises as 'iPhone 16G original packaging' traded hands. Generally there was a warning in the fine print warning that the bid was on an empty box. Sometimes the seller put it in the description in white font (thus invisible unless you ctrl+A the text).
HIDDY and Lucanesque like this.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 9:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Calum
West Midlands was the giveaway.
Ummm... you’re not *the* Calum are you, as in the one we’re all talking about
Crampedin13A likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 9:52 am

Programs: BA BLUE BADGE
Originally Posted by Lucanesque
Cringe-worthy and beyond tacky IMHO to be selling pillows, duvets, and headphones stolen from the plane

Mr Cruz opening up another income stream?
Lucanesque likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.