Wiki Posts
Search

Seat Change Grrr Advice?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2018, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Seat Change Grrr Advice?

im on tonight (17 Feb) BA199 to BOM. I was in seat 3A Club World ( 3 Class service) which has just been changed to a 4 class and as a result I have been moved to 12G. (aisle). Spoke to the desk in F Loung, they called flight control but said no window seats. Very frustrating. Why would the not try and keep pax in same type of seat ( i.e. Window seats ). Best advice from lounge was to speak to CSD on board to see if they can move me to the F cabin ( I know sometime they use this with Club Service but it appears no one is in the cabin at all).
Old Feb 17, 2018, 12:14 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Expertflyer is showing this - I think you're out of luck

Old Feb 17, 2018, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

At least you can steal the pillow from 12E
Old Feb 17, 2018, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Pah! In these circumstances, any chance the CsD can move pax to the F cabin?
Old Feb 17, 2018, 12:27 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
I'm guessing the reason for the movement is they want to close the cabin off, so anyone seated in there has been moved back to a seat the second cabin.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 12:32 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by bisonrav
I'm guessing the reason for the movement is they want to close the cabin off, so anyone seated in there has been moved back to a seat the second cabin.
As I understand the OP, the reason for the move is a switch from a 3-class B772 to a 4-class B77W, not that the F cabin was previously open and has now been closed off.

Originally Posted by FliGuy
Pah! In these circumstances, any chance the CsD can move pax to the F cabin?
They could, they won't. I once had a CSM try extremely hard to move me OUT of the F cabin though.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 12:42 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Airprox
They could, they won't.
This, otherwise the whole J cabin would be asking for an upgrade If you can't get anywhere onboard file a complaint after, you might at least get some avios out of it.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 12:45 pm

Programs: BA
It's unlikely but there is no harm in asking. Crew compositions are configured for service and safety reasons depending on the number of crew and positions required.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. I wouldn’t have minded so much if they at least kept me in a window seat. Looking at the seat maps, there should have been enough to map window seats on a 3 class CW to a 4 class CW
Old Feb 17, 2018, 12:47 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
12G is now available (but the middle middle seems still blocked for the OP)
Old Feb 17, 2018, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
The F cabin will only be opened up if CW is full

And if it was (because they needed to upgrade to compensate for an overbooking in WTP and need to move people up) you'd get the seat but the CW service - called on here FLUB class.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I guess with the larger Y and W cabins following the upgraded aircraft size over flow J into Flub probably won’t be required
Old Feb 17, 2018, 12:50 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Y looks oversold to me. We will find out in the next 15 minutes where that lands.....
BABenchley likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 12:55 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Y looks oversold to me. We will find out in the next 15 minutes where that lands.....

There's plenty of space in World Travellers Plus
Old Feb 17, 2018, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

After some discussion with a colleague I agreed to move next to him in one of the middle pairs. Better for him ( he was concerned about sitting next to a random in middle pair).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.