Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

A rare First flight & far from impressed......

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A rare First flight & far from impressed......

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2018, 8:29 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, BAEC Gold
I've never had such a problem with the food but if I did I'd be raising hell about it. I would say that during the flight it's best to try and enjoy it nonetheless but now you've got a little free time you should definitely be kicking up a fuss, if it's as bad as you said, it's unacceptable.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 8:29 am

Programs: Mucci des Ancients Matelots
Originally Posted by 710 77345
How should meal prioritisation take place for the meals that hadn't been pre-ordered?
I'm sorry, meal prioritisation is not something I would ever expect to hear in a First class cabin.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 8:36 am

Programs: Don't even mention it. Grrrrrrr.
Originally Posted by Can I help you

The preordered meals are not included in the catering figures so whatever is left should be prioritised using status.
Even if everyone has pre-ordered?
Old Feb 16, 2018, 8:38 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by GaxxyFlyer
I'm sorry, meal prioritisation is not something I would ever expect to hear in a First class cabin.
I agree, when you pay for F you should get what you ask for. I'm flying in F on the 789 early April and now am just wondering if the same will happen to me.
Pre-Ordering can only be done for the main. The fact is, in a cabin for just 8 people, they should have adequate catering. Undercatering flights is not a difficult problem to fix, it's simply a cost an airline has to commit to.
Sealink and GaxxyFlyer like this.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 8:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by stevehh

A la carte menu??? When and how it suits you?? And waiting 20mins after seatbelts off for first drink?? In a cabin for only 8 passengers?

A flagrant violation of the Trade Descriptions Act, is it not?
You could be right - certainly where the spirit of the Act is concerned, even if not the letter of the law.

I’m pretty sure I saw a tweet some time ago, sent to BA, also quoting the TDA, but cannot recall the actual scenario. What I do know is that BA didn’t even bat an eyelid. There was the standard (meaningless) response, as per the infamous ‘sorryfortheinconvenience’ website linked recently on another thread by a fellow FT member.

The BA ‘Sorry’ count is currently showing a running total of 8358 apologies for the year to date ..... which averages out at a fairly remarkable 179 per day.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
We are catered to 140% but the problem arises when we are not full for example if we are booked two there would only be two of the more popular choices, so should you both want the second choice of starter there would only be one of these.
I’m not saying it’s correct but just the facts.

hugolover likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 8:47 am
Accor Contributor Badge

We are catered to 140% but the problem arises when we are not full for example if we are booked two there would only be two of the more popular choices, so should you both want the second choice of starter there would only be one of these.
I’m not saying it’s correct but just the facts.

Thank you for sharing. I think that is a adequate system in economy, probably even J. But in a cabin such as F with just 8-14 seats, it doesn't strike me as the most efficient system?
Old Feb 16, 2018, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Unhappy

That really is chronically bad on so many levels, and an indictment on BA’s pretence to be a premium service airline.

1. Two of 3 lights not working? That is pathetic. Add the window issue and it really does speak of inadequate checking on the previous turnround.

2. Cleaning is becoming a very common complaint here, but this isn’t the odd crumb ... it’s evidence of completely inadequate cabin preparation for the next First passenger.

3. The meal scenario is bordering on farcical. Frankly, it’s a total disgrace, especially when a pre-ordered meal is not even loaded. Was the OP offered the CW menu?

I have abandoned any idea of ever flying BA F, after our first (and only) experience of how sub-standard the food and service can be ... and many other posts here just reinforce my view.

I’m optimistic that the OP will compose a complaint in far more measured tones than I would use under these circumstances.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It works perfectly on a full flight but less so on half full ones.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 8:58 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
It works perfectly on a full flight but less so on half full ones.
I'm far too stupid to be considered suitable for BA management, but what's stopping them from adding a few more alternatives when the cabin loads are lighter? This is really basic stuff that can be so easily fixed, with a tangible positive benefit for passengers and how they rate your product, at fairly minimal cost.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 9:02 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
How many meals does LH F load? I'm a mere Star Gold and I've always received my first choice on LH. Paid F, award F, doesn't matter. And you get all three appetizers if you want.

What's with the BA rationing? It can be a good menu; load extra! How much is it, $20 each? Flying BA F in June and was looking forward to being back on board, but this thread is depressing...
FlyerTalk Evangelist

BA squeeze the juice out of a lemon pip.
NYLON Boy, jp_fin, T8191 and 2 others like this.

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Originally Posted by V10
what's stopping them from adding a few more alternatives when the cabin loads are lighter?
Manic cost cutting and rigid operation that ignores edge cases.

The problem with keen efficiency not allied with careful analysis is that the edge cases, such as F about 4/14 full, don't work out well. That doesn't happen often enough to have a large scale revenue impact, but does happen often enough to cause a reputation impact.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We have to record any meals we refuse, I rarely have too but when I do it’s on less full cabins.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 9:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by T8191

I have abandoned any idea of ever flying BA F, after our first (and only) experience of how sub-standard the food and service can be ... and many other posts here just reinforce my view.

I have enjoyed many, many good BA longhauls in F - but they were all in the pre-cutback era.

I’m setting expectations suitably low for my imminent F sector with BA. But ..... even so, it’s very difficult to block out that ‘Should have gone to Specsavers feeling.

T8191 and megaloman like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.