Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Dilemma: Premier Inn breakfast or Club World lunch - help me choose!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dilemma: Premier Inn breakfast or Club World lunch - help me choose!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2018, 11:10 am

Programs: AA, DL, TK
Originally Posted by layz
To get to the central area (T123) you need to get a free bus as you can't walk through the tunnels leading to the central area.

I believe you can walk from Bath Road to T5 though (I can't see any reason why not). I've walked from T5 to the Hilton T5 (which is the other side of the M25). If you're travelling light I think the walk is a good idea.
I rather enjoy the Hilton T5 to T5 walk but IIRC there is one short bit between the Bath Road roundabout and Western Perimeter Road where pedestrian passage is 'discouraged' via a little stick figure with line through.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 11:19 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by tvlpro
Enjoy all of the benefits. Have breakfast at the hotel and let us all know how it is as well as your night at the Premier Inn. You just never know how catering is going to be in the club lounge or for that matter on the plane. Enjoy!
Let me welcome you to Flyertalk and to the BA forum tvlpro. I hope we will see more of you here, we're always pleased to see new people join up with us. Our 6F is a real travel enthusiast, quite unmistakable at that, and I'm quite sure we will find out the result of his approach in due course.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 11:45 am

Programs: BA, A3, Hilton, IHG
Originally Posted by Gerbs
I rather enjoy the Hilton T5 to T5 walk but IIRC there is one short bit between the Bath Road roundabout and Western Perimeter Road where pedestrian passage is 'discouraged' via a little stick figure with line through.
If that’s the bus gate, yes pedestrian access is discouraged, but who’s going to stop you? I quite like the walk past the queue of taxis (having done it at 5am when I missed the 423 from the Premier Inn, I would never take a black cab given all the drivers seem to sleep on the back seat!)
Old Feb 16, 2018, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by Gerbs
It's crazy that they didn't make that bit pedestrian friendly, it's only a short bridge and they could have easily put a proper footpath on it without making it much wider.

Although for those who really don't want to use that bridge they can take the long route round. If it's a nice day and you have plenty of time then it's a good bit of exercise.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
In the everlasting battle between the Premier Inn breakfast and the Club World lunch the breakfast won. This time. And it was an excellent breakfast too. Bacon, sausage, mushroom, black pudding, hash brown and white toast.

Contemplative remarks: Last time I flew to IAD, ten years ago, I was able to enjoy both. Perhaps the next time I fly in this direction the best solutions will be a little (only a little) of both. Such is the way of life.

Now to proceed across the ocean...

Last edited by Sixth Freedom; Feb 20, 2018 at 2:35 am
Old Feb 20, 2018, 3:59 am

Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
And it was an excellent breakfast too. Bacon, sausage, mushroom, black pudding, hash brown and white toast.
No bubble?
Old Feb 20, 2018, 4:07 am

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
And it was an excellent breakfast too. Bacon, sausage, mushroom, black pudding, hash brown and white toast.
I must commend you on those 2 items, which are personal favourites of mine in the Premier Inn breakfast. You have good taste.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 4:24 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
I too would have gone for that option sir. I am also one who finds Premier Inns decent, affordable usually, and of a decent catering brand standard that offers consistency in my experience. I do hope you indulge mildly in the CW on board offerings, as would be interested to see how you find them after your recent CW sabbatical. I would perhaps not go overboard on the drinking of coke after coke after coke in the lounge for a sugar rush beforehand , although they are starting to offer Coke Zero and Fever Tree ginger ale alongside original options too

Have a great trip!
Old Feb 20, 2018, 4:52 am

Programs: BA Silver
In the everlasting battle between the Premier Inn breakfast and the Club World lunch the breakfast won. This time. And it was an excellent breakfast too. Bacon, sausage, mushroom, black pudding, hash brown and white toast.

Contemplative remarks: Last time I flew to IAD, ten years ago, I was able to enjoy both. Perhaps the next time I fly in this direction the best solutions will be a little (only a little) of both. Such is the way of life.

Now to proceed across the ocean...
Delighted to hear you had a cracking breakfast.

I ordered a £12 breakfast at the brasserie type place landside departures at T4 yesterday and the black pudding was a thin floppy disc from hell.

We really need to have a campaign to standardise black pudding to Stornoway quality!
Old Feb 20, 2018, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Having experienced the new Club World service today I think I made the right choice.

The food and trolleys looked excellent, but took hours to deliver. It was perhaps two and a half hours into the flight before main courses were served. I did however enjoy the second service, with a rather good tapas platter (4x salami slices, 1x small roasted red pepper, 1x parma ham slice, 1x fig wrapped in parma ham, 1x scone + jam + cream, 1x salted caramel fondant.

The aircraft was amazing too. New seats, fresh interiors and delightfully high resolution IFE on the high-J 747 with tail reg. G-CIVV. I had 63K on the upper deck, but only because of a last-minute cancellation/mis-connect/other freed up the seat just in time for me to arrive at the check in desk and ask if an upper deck window was available.

All in all, after a four year stint entirely in Club Europe I would say that Club World is better than ever!

Old Feb 20, 2018, 6:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

All in all, after a four year stint entirely in Club Europe I would say that Club World is better than ever!

Your opinion is always one I value.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 1:19 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
(the Curry Palaces of Hounslow are I am told excellent and a mere bus ride away
My first rule of long haul flying... No curries (or anything too spicy) the night before!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.