Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis car rental through BA

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2018, 12:52 pm

These are all promising indications, thank you. I booked 3 vehicles last night for our trip and saved Ł250 on the avis.com prices. Entered my avis preferred number in all three bookings, so hopefully that links everything up... I am Avis Preferred Presidents Club, so usually get guaranteed airport upgrades and don't want to miss out on that perk! Unfortunately, we wont all fit in a Mustang or a Porsche Cayenne! Thanks all.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
You will be cool, flapsat5.

Never had the slightest hiccup with merging Avis Preferred and an Avis/BA booking. Never upgraded beyond Dodge Durango, though, and she won't let me book a Mustang!
flapsat5 likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 1:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by Workie Ticket
If you managed to get them linked together could you let me know how you did it please?
I'm not the OP, but I had a huge struggle to do this too. I tried phoning both BA and Avis and they claimed they'd added the number, but it never worked. I finally messaged Avis through their website, including my booking reference with BA, and it finally worked!
Workie Ticket likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 5:17 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
Workie,

e-mail to BA and Avis. Just used their email service on their websites. Avis responded quickly. I suspect they like BA customers as Avis customers.
Workie Ticket likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 7:57 am

I think that's what I'll do a week before the trip just to make sure Avis have my Preferred number logged.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 6:52 am

Quick update... checked my Avis Preferred account today and all of the bookings are appearing there as well as in my BA account, so clearly the linking of them must have worked. Hopefully, all is well!
Old Aug 3, 2018, 7:34 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
It appears avisba.com is now automatically redirecting to a Group website of https://www.abg-britishairways.com/, so now Budget rentals are also offered. It looks like this hasn't been extended to BA Holidays though, where still only Avis is offered.

Is this a recent change? The Budget prices are significantly lower than Avis for a North American rental on the dates I'm looking at (with less Avios, but no-where near enough to bridge the gap). Budget certainly comes with less benefits, but does that also include a higher excess?
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 1:42 am

Does anyone know what the amount of the deposit is for AVIS via BA in Europe? I have read from Avis website that they hold Ł200 on the CC but on BA website is 110euro? which is it?

Anyone that has recently rented in europe can enlighten me?
Old Aug 28, 2018, 2:35 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by xmrbrightside89
Does anyone know what the amount of the deposit is for AVIS via BA in Europe? I have read from Avis website that they hold Ł200 on the CC but on BA website is 110euro? which is it?

Anyone that has recently rented in europe can enlighten me?
In the UK it's Ł200 but that's the highest you'll get in Europe, a lot of other countries its €100 or €110 like you say. When I was in AGP recently they only took €70 which was the pre-paid fuel deposit (which I didn't use and so it was refunded) and they didn't take any deposit at all on top of that!

So the answer is that it's variable but if you've got Ł200 available on your CC then you're fine. Your rental agreement that you get when you collect the car (whether in paper or via email) will clearly show the amount they've authorised on your card, so you can go and contest it if you think there's an issue with it.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 3:19 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
I hire prepaid more or less montthly from Avis / Budget (same desk, same cars, different prices) at AGP and they have never debited anything from my CC. All they do is pre-authorise the cost of a tankful of petrol.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 6:43 am

cool thank you, and thank you Foltan for your replies

we already pre-paid for our car. and yes, as long as it's around that amount I don't mind, I heard some companies might hold a deposit of 1500 euro or more. and that's quite a lot

It was 300 euro at europcar last year for example
Old Sep 12, 2018, 12:21 pm

Does anyone know what's the avios reward for booking a car via BA AVIS? Is it still a minimum of 700 avios if renting for more than 3 days + 250 extra avios if using a BA amex card?
Old Sep 12, 2018, 1:25 pm

Programs: BA Silver, ICH Plat Amb
Looking at my recent rentals, yes it as 700 miles for bookings >300 days or 501 miles for my rentals.
All received and additional 250 bonus miles, but I'm not sure how I earned the bonus.
They were paid on my BA Amex, booked by our travel agent using my Avis preferred number which is linked to my AvisBA Wizard AWD number.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 1:46 pm

Do you know if It's also valid on AVIS cars booked on BA website? I can't seem to find the infos on BA.COM mmhhh

Thanks for your comment

And last but not least, when I made the car booking, I logged and booked using my BA account but edited the name of the booking to my husband as the sole driver. I think I left my BA account number for the avios tho, and did not put his account (even tho we have a household account of course). Shall I get in touch with BA or will they still credit the points without a problem to me?

Last edited by xmrbrightside89; Sep 12, 2018 at 2:07 pm
Old Sep 14, 2018, 10:06 am

I filled in a claim missing avios form for avis on the BA website and I received a reply today saying

"your claim has been rejected it has previously been processed by avis and passed to your membership programme for validation"

but as mentioned above, during the booking, I've put my husband, as the driver, but left my membership number (I just didn't think they needed to match). should I get in touch with BA to get it sorted or will the avios points go through to my account anyways?

Help is appreciated

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.