Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

LHR-Dubai. WT+ on BA / Qantas or Falcon Gold on Gulf Air?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR-Dubai. WT+ on BA / Qantas or Falcon Gold on Gulf Air?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2018, 3:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by walkingtall
Flew on Qantas Last Night in PE , Seat 24A

From my experience last night there isn't even a discussion to be had , I would book QF every time over BA on the Dubai Route.

Dinner in the EK First Class Lounge , Prawn Bisque to start, followed by T Bone Steak (Cooked to Perfection) better than anything i have ever had in the CC or Flounge.

Seat , Bigger, seamed to be better recline , TV and Choice of Movies was also very good.

I skipped the first snack, which i believe was a Pasty or Sandwich , Breakfast was better quality than anything i have had in CW

Crew where great , regular drink runs , came around with chocolate etc.

I appreciate more miles with BA but for me I would choose QF PE over either BA PE or Gulf Business Non Direct.

I would also add from just viewing , if travelling in Business alone , i would choose BA over QF due to the privacy of the Window seats in CW
Thank you - that’s exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for. Appreciate you taking the time to reply.

QF it is then!
Old Mar 27, 2018, 6:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold, Skymiles Plat
Hello - interesting thread.

I had the same predicament recently and decided on the Gulf Air option. It was a good experience (£1100 return), not up there with Cathy/Emirates Biz, but a perfectly good seat (lie-flat was a great feature on the overnight home) and the BAH connection was so easy and only 45mins. Downside - IFE... dreadful, but we all have iPads right?

I would avoid BA's PE - it's just not up to scratch compared with Virgin/QF/all other airlines PE offering!

As a note, I have been successful on 2 occasions with the QF bidding system. Once from Econ - Biz for £200!! and another occasion £215 fro PE to Biz.

So my thought - take the Biz (you credit to AA if you travel before the end of April) and if you only fancy direct, book QF.
Tredders likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.