Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Help: Flights credited to AA - how to resolve?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2018, 9:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, AF Silver

I just flew to India from USA (via London) on AA codeshare flights. The flights have not credited to BA and when I went to check my AA account it seems my flights credited there instead.

When I go to manage my bookings it correctly shows my BA membership number. Is there any way to resolve this to credit to BA?
Old Feb 14, 2018, 10:24 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
You need to call AA and ask them to remove the miles. After that is done, you can ask BA for the credit.
However I've heard that recently, if you have AA status, AA will not accept to remove the miles, claiming that you have made use of your status (for lounge access or such things).
Good luck.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 10:26 pm
Original Poster

Luckily I have no AA status.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 10:32 pm
Original Poster

I got an incredibly helpful AA rep when I called who backed the credits out from AA and even put the request in to credit to BA for me.
They are now gone from my AA account. I'm hoping they turn up in the BA one soon. If they don't I'll submit a retro-credit request.
EsherFlyer likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 1:22 am

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by jamesn00
I got an incredibly helpful AA rep when I called who backed the credits out from AA and even put the request in to credit to BA for me.
They are now gone from my AA account. I'm hoping they turn up in the BA one soon. If they don't I'll submit a retro-credit request.
i had the same experience in Nov 2017, but different route. AA cs remove the credit right the way, and request BA credit on my behalf, credit showed up on BA account in around a week.

I was EXP at that time, and used SWU from Y to J on that particular ticket.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Just to finalise this thread the points showed up in my BA account about 5 days after I called.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.