Rumour has it that

Old Mar 25, 2018, 2:43 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
I was thinking she had already left, so I was thinking BA were simply out of date to have her picture and position in the response to submitting feedback at ba.com/welldone

Of course, I don't expect BA's website design people will swap out the content there any time soon.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 3:03 am

She probably has gone and her gardening leave is coming to an end and her new employers are about to announce her arrival so BA had to make their announcement
Old Mar 25, 2018, 3:04 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Interesting that Hamish McVey has been given the job, he's a spirited chap who's been with BA since 2008, if I remember what he told me correctly. I found him to be a very personable chap with a great zeal and enthusiasm. Hopefully he will display those great qualities in his new role. He was greatly involved in developing the new Club World product.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 4:19 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Interesting that Hamish McVey has been given the job, he's a spirited chap who's been with BA since 2008, if I remember what he told me correctly. I found him to be a very personable chap with a great zeal and enthusiasm. Hopefully he will display those great qualities in his new role. He was greatly involved in developing the new Club World product.
Good luck to Hamish. I hope to have an opportunity to meet him later this year, if I get invited to another GGL reception.

Perhaps not unusual, but there does seem to have been an elevated turnover in recent years of senior BA staff.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 7:34 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
Good luck to Hamish. I hope to have an opportunity to meet him later this year, if I get invited to another GGL reception.

Perhaps not unusual, but there does seem to have been an elevated turnover in recent years of senior BA staff.
Yes, but not quite as elevated as the White House Senior staff turnover...
Old Apr 28, 2018, 11:15 am
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
An interesting development at Waterside. They have a vacancy for "Head of Aircraft Interiors"

You will be designing, specifying, developing and delivering cabin interior products and technologies that exceed customer expectations, securing a strong competitive position for the airline. You will be creating the interior product strategy, interpreting customer needs and giving BA the edge competitively by leading the creation of new cabin interior products within the brand strategy and customer standards framework.
https://jobs.ba.com/jobs/vacancy/hea...9/description/

Any takers?
Old Apr 28, 2018, 11:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
You will be designing, specifying, developing and delivering cabin interior products and technologies that exceed customer expectations
I take it that this role must have been vacant for quite some time?
Old Apr 28, 2018, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by icegirl
An interesting development at Waterside. They have a vacancy for "Head of Aircraft Interiors"

https://jobs.ba.com/jobs/vacancy/hea...9/description/

Any takers?
Given typical lead times for such developments, do we assume the post has been vacant for some time? ... or was the present incumbent not delivering?
Old Apr 28, 2018, 11:47 am

Programs: BAEC
I did notice another job advert for "Head of Ground Experience" one for you @T8191
T8191, rapidex and CloudGazer like this.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 12:02 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
... "Head of Ground Experience" ...
Is that management-speak for the person in charge of coffee?
Old Apr 29, 2018, 12:43 am

Programs: Status with BA Exec Club; KrisFlyer; Hilton Honors; IHG One; Marriott Bonvoy
I have no inside information but these could both be new positions ... which might mean a renewed interest in improvements to the product. Ever hopeful me!
Old Apr 29, 2018, 11:52 am
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Originally Posted by Misco60
I take it that this role must have been vacant for quite some time?
Originally Posted by T8191
Given typical lead times for such developments, do we assume the post has been vacant for some time? ... or was the present incumbent not delivering?
Wouldnt surprise me either way if the role has been vacant for some time or the present incumbent not delivering. From my understanding, this work was outsourced and headed up by Martin Derbyshire at Tangerine. Whoever fills theses boots clearly has a lot to do as I can't see these are roles in popular demand and if BA is serious about pulling this off then they will have to offer a very highly competitive package in return.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 1:50 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Abigail's name and photo are still being used for 'Thank you' submissions on ba.com.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.