Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

3rd party TA - No seats - PLENTY of seats!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

3rd party TA - No seats - PLENTY of seats!!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2018, 2:45 am

Programs: BA Silver IHG Platinum Elite
Well to use this board you need to know all the airport codes off by heart so what is the problem with remembering your passport number (and bank account and debit card number.....) For those with failing memories, their are no end of apps for your smart phone. I like password safe for my data...
Old Feb 14, 2018, 2:49 am

Programs: IHG Platinum; Marriott Silver; Avis president's: Hertz President's
Originally Posted by quakered
Well to use this board you need to know all the airport codes off by heart so what is the problem with remembering your passport number (and bank account and debit card number.....) For those with failing memories, their are no end of apps for your smart phone. I like password safe for my data...
I have a photo of the passport and driving licence (handy for car bookings too.) I guess I need IT training....
Old Feb 14, 2018, 3:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
[Always a good idea to stick a photo of your passport photo on to Google Drive or elsewhere in the Cloud, encrypted if preferred, just in case something happens. Like being bussed on a Domestic flight to the UK Border......]
Good advice - it's worth doing that anyway in case your passport ever gets lost/stolen/left on a burning plane (eg BA2276). I use a product called 1Password to store all my passport details plus a scan of the main pages / visas that I have, stored in an encrypted DB which I keep on Dropbox, synched out to my phone, laptop, ipad etc. Other similar products are available, if I wasn't so invested in 1Password I'd probably look at Dashlane now as it gets great reviews.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 4:00 am
Original Poster

I use LastPass which essentially does the same thing. I can access it across laptop/phone, etc with one secure password or TouchID.

Just going back to the Opodo thing, the one thing the agent said when looking up seat availability was that BA had "released all the seats" and the flight was sold out. Not sure how he has seen that if the good folks here showed EspertFlyer has having seats free and my own subsequent attempt to make a dummy booking (for FIVE J seats at once!) would have been successful.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 4:26 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by simon1234567
Just going back to the Opodo thing, the one thing the agent said when looking up seat availability was that BA had "released all the seats" and the flight was sold out. Not sure how he has seen that if the good folks here showed EspertFlyer has having seats free and my own subsequent attempt to make a dummy booking (for FIVE J seats at once!) would have been successful.
It's a bit difficult to give anything specific without the flight details and precisely what you were trying to do, but Opodo won't necessarily make any money from changes to the booking, or it's a totally non changeable ticket, and/or it's a Bulk ticket, or there could be a Point of Sale restriction (in which cases Opodo would be correct) - and several dozen other possibilities. To be frank, if you buy from an Online Travel Agency, what you see is what you get - travel on the exact flight booked, in the cabin booked, and that's it - anything more complicated you are best buying via BA or a real travel agent. You won't get a POUG, or the 24 hour amendment window, and UuA can be difficult (though not impossible). What you can do is ring BA for changes when the ticket passes to airport control, 24 hours before departure.
PAL62V likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.