Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

OT: C4 Programme "The World's Most Luxurious Airline" on now

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OT: C4 Programme "The World's Most Luxurious Airline" on now

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2018, 5:21 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A gold, Skyteam elite plus, Hilton gold, SPG gold
Originally Posted by Adt1001
Well that Alex Macheras guy seems and incredibly pretentious annoying spoilt kid. And that av geek in Singapore seem to have a lot more knowledge and passion for it that this twerp. Let’s see, cute floppy hair young gay guy gets flashy ‘job’ flying around the world first class... sugar daddy anyone? 🙄
it seems you are way to offensive and probably jealous of him.

who cares what is his sexual orientation, he could have a sugar daddy or sugar mommy but who cares how he pays for his travel experiences.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 5:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
What I found rather off putting was the "concierge" chap that hovered around the premium check-in and then also appeared on board before departure checking that everything was ok. He did make me squirm a bit! He didn't even look particularly well presented for his kind of job IMO.
icegirl likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 6:08 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Heathrow Tower
No, I don't have a problem with his age, we need to encourage young minds into aviation, and many of us work hard both inside and outside our professions to that aim. I don't have a problem at whom he aims any criticism, either; in aviation especially we know the value of that. To my knowledge he hasn't actually aimed criticism at the organisation I work for, so I've got no personal skin in the game.

I do have a problem with some of what he says in matters where he has no knowledge or experience, while refusing to admit what he is basing his views on and failing to acknowledge different views based on knowledge and experience. Doing that while wrapping what he says with a veneer of legitimacy. Opinions? great. We all have them. Be honest about them. Be honest who is paying for them. Analysis and expert opinion is quite different from that, in my mind. When I read something from Tim Robinson, Jens Flottau, Max Kingsley-Jones, Stephen Trimble or Jon Ostrower, even David Learmount: If any of them were covering a PR launch of a new aircraft, or a first flight; I'm pretty confident that I'm getting a relatively transparent view, the content of which isn't being greatly influenced by a third party.
I totally agree. If someone actually has specific expertise or detailed knowledge about specific topics then it makes no difference whether they are 20, 60 or 80. However, having seen him being interviewed by institutions such as the BBC I struggled to see what value he was adding in relation to serious industry topics. I guess they think that the only way to engage younger viewers is to ensure more young people are on the news. I have more aviation industry expertise and experience than this guy does, but wouldn't be so bold to try to position myself as an "Aviation Analyst".
Old Feb 13, 2018, 6:17 am
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
This thread should stay here as it goes to show to what lengths premium airlines are willing to go to reach the top. It would be interesting to know if this topic came up on BA's daily management conf call/meeting and if any actions were raised as result.

The show’s title states that SQ is the world’s most luxurious airline. What are peoples general thoughts on SQ's new F or new series of product across all cabins v that of BA?
T8191 likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 6:19 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Originally Posted by Grande Annee
What I found rather off putting was the "concierge" chap that hovered around the premium check-in and then also appeared on board before departure checking that everything was ok. He did make me squirm a bit! He didn't even look particularly well presented for his kind of job IMO.
I wasn't impressed and I don't think the man from Wigan was either!

I don't get the youtube blogger celebrity status thing, looking at the money they make I wish I did, but saying the announcement in Arabic was interesting...

Good show, one that I would have missed if it wasn't posted in the UK based forum.
frank_poulankh likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 6:28 am

Programs: not a lot
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmm
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Old Feb 13, 2018, 6:54 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Think that it's time to invite anyone with a genuine interest in, and/or something constructive to say about, SQ's new F product to take a transfer bus over to the SQ forum and post there.
T8191 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.