Search

JFK Terminal 7 Security

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2018, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC - Silver, BonVoy - Abassador Elite, HH - Diamond
JFK Terminal 7 Security

Hi all,

I had an email from BA last week about changes at JFK resulting in longer security lines. Anyone noticed an increase in wait times for TSA since Feb 1st? We're BA Exec Silver so can use Club World check-in and security lines.

Flying out early on Wednesday so just want to be prepared!

Thanks!
Old Feb 12, 2018, 7:57 am

Programs: BAEC
I imagine the evening flights ex - JFK are the busiest for security. This is the thread on the works...

JFK T7 Investment plans
Old Feb 12, 2018, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
This is the note on the BA website in the news section

From February 2018 (for approximately 6 months), we anticipate that security screening waiting times will be longer than normal for some customers at New York JFK Terminal 7. This is due to the terminal improvement works that are taking place. If your flight is due to depart after 18:00, we recommend that you allow an extra hour at the airport to ensure that you reach your gate on time. If you are eligible to use the Fast Track security you should not be affected
(my bolding)
Old Sep 23, 2018, 10:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
I’m flying back from JFK tonight to LHR from T7. Last time was in Jan. Has Fast Track security vanished? My mobile BP doesn’t have it on it, whereas my connecting flights in LDN do.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 11:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Was flown back few days ago. Fast track exists and goes now to the same area where there are the normal security lanes. I haven’t found it slower or faster than usual.
Was through in 6-10 minutes.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 11:38 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Dicksbits
I’m flying back from JFK tonight to LHR from T7. Last time was in Jan. Has Fast Track security vanished? My mobile BP doesn’t have it on it, whereas my connecting flights in LDN do.
Go through the first wing bit at T7. At the back there is a corridor leading to security. The slope is closed.

If you have time can you check if the gold lounge has reopened yet? Thanks
Old Sep 23, 2018, 11:49 am

Thanks. I will report back later.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 1:48 pm

Definitely not open. Check in had no idea when it would be.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 2:05 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
Alternative Fast Track in an emergency :- I had done an awful lot of AA flights over 4 days and was in the Flagship lounge at T8. I wandered down to the gate for my 8pm flight to LHR( & HEL, ARN, LHR) , which was half boarded. My BP beeped and the agent said - sorry sir, this is a BA flight with an AA codeshare number. You need to be in T7 via the train! jeez!! Well I ran to the train via landside and one was just arriving then got to security where i pushed to the very front, asking aloud if it was ok as I was very late, and a number of people were VERY helpful and sympathetic (as i hope I would be ) and I got to the gate in time to get on the plane (as a sweaty, shaking mess). 14 mins from the AA gate to the BA gate outside and back in again. My BA flight (with AA number) was actually at 8.10pm which must have helped.

Have been meaning to come on here and say sorry for barging in (it is REALLY not like me) to everyone in the T7 security queue that night, as it was packed and all lines were very busy. (Fri 14th Sept)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.