AUP TPs not posting lately

Old Feb 12, 18, 2:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
AUP TPs not posting lately

Have done a few ET/CE AUPs as TP year nears it's end. Thought I would be one more LH trip into my year's travels than I've turned out to be, so don't want to end up missing gold by a small margin.

No biggie, as a short phone call to the EC helpline always fixes it, but for some reason absolutely none of my recent AUPs have automatically credited the right TPs

Nothing unusual / different about the way I have been doing them (there aren't many variations on how to do it right - rock up at the airport, ask for a price, agree you're paying it and erm, pay it).

So I am just curious is the systems have been 'enhanced' lately.

Like I said - no big deal - I just keep having to phone up. Naturally the line is rammed today but that may well be LCY related so I'll try back later.
Old Feb 12, 18, 4:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
I've only done two AUPs in my life, one in 2013 and one last year. In both cases I had to call/email to get the extra TPs.
Old Feb 12, 18, 4:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by Pascoe View Post
...absolutely none of my recent AUPs have automatically credited the right TPs

So I am just curious is the systems have been 'enhanced' lately.
Mine have been a mixed bunch for the last 6 months or so since I started doing them quite regularly. I particularly expect to have to call about late (in day) AUPs not in LON as I had a theory that they somehow miss part of the overnight processing, but even 6am AUPs at LHR may need a call and 6pm ones at XXX may not .

The AUP tracking thread suggests that some new pricing has crept in. Whether that is part of a bigger update that has changed some of the process as well hasn't been discussed AFAIK but I suspect you're just being unlucky.

I had got to the point that rather than calling a few days after they posted wrongly I waited to see if the next flights posted OK so I could do two at once. They started posting OK then for the next few weeks, so you could try that .
Old Feb 12, 18, 11:45 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Had taken my first AUP a few days ago and the TP's got posted accurately a few days later. The friendly ticket agent told me that I would have to call to get them.
Old Feb 12, 18, 1:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Le Club Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
I took my first and only AUP in early Jan but the TPs didn't post correctly (I was in J but upgraded to F). To be honest, I wasn't even sure I was owed them until reading this thread so thanks OP! Just made a claim online so let's see what happens.
Old Feb 13, 18, 2:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Le Club Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Just to update - I made a claim for the owed TPs and Avios last night and someone from the Exec Club called me at lunchtime today to say my account had been updated. Nice work BA!
Old Feb 14, 18, 7:43 am

Programs: BAEC (busted back down to) Silver, ex-VS Gold, ex-UA Gold, Premier Inn Platinum-Iridium
I AUPed on a recent itinerary which was a slightly fiddly one with BA and AA sectors in it, despite being one booking it had weird ticketing and nested PNR disconnects that meant I couldn't check-in online for half the flights, or kept losing my seat assignments on the AA metal. One sector in particular kept going "unticketed", even though it was. Wasn't a Oneworld "superior, seamless travel experience" by any stretch.

However the Avios and TPs for the AUPed sector automatically credited correctly without any intervention.
Old Feb 15, 18, 1:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
I always call the EC if they're uncredited by say 48h after flying the segment now. Rather do that and speak to a human than go through the farce that is the website contact process / black hole simulation.
Old Feb 15, 18, 1:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Pascoe View Post
I always call the EC if they're uncredited by say 48h after flying the segment now. Rather do that and speak to a human than go through the farce that is the website contact process / black hole simulation.
@BAMissingAvios are very efficient!