UUA Not Re-Ticketed --...!!!!!

Old Feb 11, 18, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

UUA Not Re-Ticketed --...!!!!!

Booked a client in E class BKK-LHR/LHR-ORD

"Upgraded" LHR-ORD to U using Avios

Client texts me at BKK saying LHR-ORD flight hasn't been re-ticketed yet

On what planet does BA feel this is acceptable?

Is this a little middle finger to me because it's an agency booking?

LOVE the message on the travel trade line repeating after exactly 2 seconds of music too... Jesus this airline is going downhill by the minute!

Last edited by Prospero; Feb 12, 18 at 2:10 am Reason: Expletive deleted
Old Feb 11, 18, 8:28 pm

Programs: Junior Jet Club, Nando's Card 1 Red Chilli, Tesco Clubcard, BAEC Gold, TK M&S Elite
...and breathe...
Old Feb 11, 18, 8:38 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Go Fish
How could you not check whether a ticket is issued/re-issued before you let a client fly?
Old Feb 11, 18, 9:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club
Originally Posted by nufnuf77 View Post
How could you not check whether a ticket is issued/re-issued before you let a client fly?
Can an agent do this UUA or does the client have to do it with BA directly? If the latter, is it the agents responsibility or BA to check the reissue? Does the agent even get told if a booking is UUA directly with BA?

Old Feb 11, 18, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by HarryKUK View Post

Can an agent do this UUA or does the client have to do it with BA directly? If the latter, is it the agents responsibility or BA to check the reissue? Does the agent even get told if a booking is UUA directly with BA?

It could be the card holder has set up their agent as a third party nominee to their BAEC account. If this is the case I would consider this the agents responsibility to verify their clients upgrade has been ticketed successfully - as they will have agreed to service the account. At the point of UUA reissue, the ticket control is 100% with BA and wont show in the agents GDS despite the original underlying fare rules still applying so won't be immediately visible. The GDS doesn't update to the new booking class and ticket nimbers necessarily so it might not be immediately visible when checking the GDS, they would need to check in ba.com as any other passenger does.

If the account holder hasn't authorized their agent as a third party nominee then they are responsible for their own upgrade and not keeping tabs on their re-ticketing into the upgraded cabin would be their responsibility.

It is for these reasons most agents choose not to get involved in UUA and leave it to their clients to sort out once they've sold and issued the underlying ticket/fare. It's extra work for no reward and you've everything to loose in terms of faith in your client if it goes wrong and doesn't get spotted.
Old Feb 12, 18, 12:32 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by HarryKUK View Post

a UuA for a ta booking is done by the passenger directly with BA.
Old Feb 12, 18, 12:53 am

Really?
Old Feb 12, 18, 2:38 am

Originally Posted by simons1 View Post
Really?
Welcome to the BA FT forum... just another Monday morning, showing off its usual problems.
Old Feb 12, 18, 3:34 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Go Fish
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post

a UuA for a ta booking is done by the passenger directly with BA.
I expected the TA to be a third party nominee for the customer as well. I take care of accounts of several FTers (we both know whom I mean - the incompetent bunch ) and always check tickets reissued, upgrades available, etc... Would be annoyed if a professional TA didn't do this!
Old Feb 12, 18, 5:04 am

I expected the TA to be a third party nominee for the customer as well. I take care of accounts of several FTers (we both know whom I mean - the incompetent bunch ) and always check tickets reissued, upgrades available, etc... Would be annoyed if a professional TA didn't do this!
This is why a good travel agent is worth their weight in gold. Sometimes people lose sight of things like this and make it all about the cost. It would be useful if the OP could update on their nominee status and advise the outcome of the situation.
nufnuf77 likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: