Search

Row27 - BA0173 - 777

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2018, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA
Row27 - BA0173 - 777

Hi all

I booked seats 27J&H for my flight out to nyc. I looked on the seat map the other night and have seen that someone has booked the window seat. I don’t mind anyone sitting next to me but I just found it weird that someone would pick that seat considering that half the cabin is still unsold and that loads of seats haven’t been selected yet so they could’ve had a row to themself.

could anyone tell me if row 27 is a good row to sit in?

is that why they’ve chose that seat?

thanks
Old Feb 11, 2018, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...veller-seatmap

From here it looks like an ordinary seat ( but one of the first rows of WT)

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 11, 2018, 11:58 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Might not have been a human being that made the selection. For example, it may be a corporate travel agent booking where someone just has their preferences set to ‘window seat’ and then the system just puts them in the forward-most available window seat. You can move yourselves to a different row though right?
Old Feb 11, 2018, 12:40 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
When is your flight?
Old Feb 11, 2018, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Airprox
When is your flight?
Monday the 19th
Old Feb 11, 2018, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Starship73
Might not have been a human being that made the selection. For example, it may be a corporate travel agent booking where someone just has their preferences set to ‘window seat’ and then the system just puts them in the forward-most available window seat. You can move yourselves to a different row though right?
i could but I’d prefer not to since it’s nearer the front of the plane.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 1:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Originally Posted by GLACON747
Hi all

I booked seats 27J&H for my flight out to nyc. I looked on the seat map the other night and have seen that someone has booked the window seat. I don’t mind anyone sitting next to me but I just found it weird that someone would pick that seat considering that half the cabin is still unsold and that loads of seats haven’t been selected yet so they could’ve had a row to themself.

could anyone tell me if row 27 is a good row to sit in?

is that why they’ve chose that seat?

thanks
Could also be probably for a quick exit. Would you be happy to move?
You could always try H and K and hope nobody picks J as middle seats aren’t the most favourite....unless it’s a full flight, then you and your companion will make a middle seat friend

edit: just seen you’d also like to be nearer front. Maybe the same reason as your window buddy.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TPRun

Could also be probably for a quick exit. Would you be happy to move?
You could always try H and K and hope nobody picks J as middle seats aren’t the most favourite....unless it’s a full flight, then you and your companion will make a middle seat friend

edit: just seen you’d also like to be nearer front. Maybe the same reason as your window buddy.
yeah.
is it true you can change seats after you’ve checked it?
So I could change seats After check in closes ?
Old Feb 11, 2018, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by GLACON747

yeah.
is it true you can change seats after you’ve checked it?
So I could change seats After check in closes ?
If you check in online T-24, Any changes can only be done at the airport, I believe (or maybe a BAEC line?) [happy to be corrected, though]
Old Feb 11, 2018, 3:14 pm

If you check in online T-24, Any changes can only be done at the airport, I believe (or maybe a BAEC line?) [happy to be corrected, though]
You can change your seat yourself after checking in as long as you don’t print or download your boarding pass.
TPRun likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 3:40 pm

You can change your seat yourself after checking in as long as you don’t print or download your boarding pass.
Sorry to go off topic, I have some general questions about this...
so, select the seat and then don’t complete boarding process?
Do I need to do OLCI at all if I’ve selected my seat at time of booking and MMB shows seat ‘confirmed’?
Is there a benefit of not getting boarding pass? And is the downside id definitely have to complete boarding when I go to the airport so I can get a boarding pass (either in my hand or on my phone)?
Do opups for example favour those who haven’t downloaded their BP?
Ok that’s a lot of questions I guess I’m just trying to get my head around not completing check in vs ease of having BP on phone at t-24

Last edited by TPRun; Feb 11, 2018 at 3:46 pm
Old Feb 11, 2018, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for your help. Just need to wait and see what happens.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 10:38 pm

Sorry to go off topic, I have some general questions about this...
so, select the seat and then don’t complete boarding process?
Do I need to do OLCI at all if I’ve selected my seat at time of booking and MMB shows seat ‘confirmed’?
Is there a benefit of not getting boarding pass? And is the downside id definitely have to complete boarding when I go to the airport so I can get a boarding pass (either in my hand or on my phone)?
Do opups for example favour those who haven’t downloaded their BP?
Ok that’s a lot of questions I guess I’m just trying to get my head around not completing check in vs ease of having BP on phone at t-24
You can complete the check-in process but WITHOUT printing or downloading your boarding pass. This will enable you to continue to select different seats as and when they become available whilst still being checked in for the flight.

No, you don't "need" to complete OLCI if you have a confirmed seat in MMB.

The benefit of not getting a boarding pass is that you can still change seats (as explained above).

You need to have a boarding pass to clear security at the airport, so at that point you will have to collect a boarding pass on your phone or from bag drop at the airport.

No-one really knows whether not downloading a BP until the last minute while being checked in affects your chances of an op-up, either positively or negatively. Personally I don't think it makes any difference, although there is a school of thought that believes checking in as early as possible (regardless of whether you download a BP) slightly increases you chances as BA "knows you're coming".

Hope this helps.
TPRun likes this.

Last edited by Starship73; Feb 11, 2018 at 10:44 pm
Old Feb 12, 2018, 12:24 am

Hope this helps.
It massively helps. Thanks for taking the time to reply. Food for thought
Old Feb 19, 2018, 2:27 am

I’m in row 34 for this flight so I’ll keep an eye out for you and your new window seat buddy! 😉

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.