2-4-1 voucher expiry

Old Feb 11, 18, 4:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
2-4-1 voucher expiry

Hi all,

It's been a while since I've been on here, nice to see some things have not changed too much

I am hoping for some advice. I have a 2-4-1 voucher with an expiry in Aug. I am looking to use the voucher later this year (maybe Nov) and I understand the outbound leg cannot be after the voucher expiry. Am I able to book the outbound prior to voucher expiry and then adjust the outbound dates past voucher expiry date without any issues?

Thanks!
Old Feb 11, 18, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by latitude View Post
Hi all,

It's been a while since I've been on here, nice to see some things have not changed too much

I am hoping for some advice. I have a 2-4-1 voucher with an expiry in Aug. I am looking to use the voucher later this year (maybe Nov) and I understand the outbound leg cannot be after the voucher expiry. Am I able to book the outbound prior to voucher expiry and then adjust the outbound dates past voucher expiry date without any issues?

Thanks!
no you canít do that unfortunately.
Old Feb 12, 18, 7:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite for Life, Hilton Diamond, United Silver
When I called BA last week and asked about my expiring 2-4-1 the operator said call a month before expiry, that they extend them for gold card holders if you state you have been unable to use due to availability...
Old Feb 12, 18, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bedasaka View Post
When I called BA last week and asked about my expiring 2-4-1 the operator said call a month before expiry, that they extend them for gold card holders if you state you have been unable to use due to availability...
sounds like the agent was thinking of a GUF rather than a 2-4-1. There are occasional reports of extended 2-4-1 vouchers but they are few and far between so I really would not rely on being able to do that. If you do manage it though please come back and update.
Old Feb 12, 18, 9:56 am

Programs: BA Gold; SQ Gold; AA Platinum; Hyatt Discoverist; Hilton Gold
Is it possible to book the first sector as a domestic within the validity, with a layover of several months before the outbound international sector?

It is not clear from the terms and conditions, which say "22. Outbound travel must take place before the expiry date on the Companion Voucher however inbound travel can take place after the expiry date of the Companion Voucher.". Outbound travel is not defined.
Old Feb 12, 18, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mgiarc View Post
Is it possible to book the first sector as a domestic within the validity, with a layover of several months before the outbound international sector?

It is not clear from the terms and conditions, which say "22. Outbound travel must take place before the expiry date on the Companion Voucher however inbound travel can take place after the expiry date of the Companion Voucher.". Outbound travel is not defined.
No that's not possible. It used to be but it isn't now. All outbound flights must be taken before voucher expiry.