Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New 777-300 product or old? How can I tell?

Old Feb 10, 18, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold

Iím booked to fly LHR-San Diego on 28th April, in WT+, returning 3rd May. From what I can gather from my googling, thereís a new 777-300 offering, and an older (ie not as good) product, depending on whether youíre on one of the newer or refitted planes. Is there a way to tell whether Iíll be in the new or old cabin?

(excuse the newbie question - I did a search on this and found a link to a database showing which planes have been refitted, but couldnít decode it!!)

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 10, 18, 11:48 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
All the 777-300 are the same, with the better seats and Thales IFE. It's the 200 series which is more complicated.
Tredders likes this.
Old Feb 10, 18, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
All the 777-300 are the same, with the better seats and Thales IFE. It's the 200 series which is more complicated.
Ah, ok - shows how good my googling powers are! Thatís good news anyway.

Thanks for the info.
Old Feb 10, 18, 12:32 pm

Are they going back to the 777 on that route? We are flying out on the 3rd march and back on the 19th and it's a 747 both legs.
Old Feb 10, 18, 12:35 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, A3*G, UA 1K, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by jamessnewman View Post
Are they going back to the 777 on that route? We are flying out on the 3rd march and back on the 19th and it's a 747 both legs.
March is the winter schedule, the OP's trip is in April/May which is the summer schedule when it will be a B77W again.
Old Feb 10, 18, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by jamessnewman View Post
Hi,

Looks like it ( I have been looking at SAN for the 8th to 22nd April and it is a 777) . When does the summer timetable come in? End of march?

Regards

TBS

PS Thanks Airprox!
Old Feb 10, 18, 12:39 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, A3*G, UA 1K, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot View Post
Hi,

Looks like it ( I have been looking at SAN for the 8th to 22nd April and it is a 777) . When does the summer timetable come in? End of march?

Regards

TBS

PS Thanks Airprox!
25th March

Search this Thread
Search Engine: