Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Quick Question - Cancelling Reward Bookings

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2018, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Hi all,

Might need to travel Geneva to London tomorrow pm. If I book a reward flight with Avios now, until what point do I have to cancel the booking and still get the Avios and taxes/fees back? Is it part of the T-24 hour rule or is it different for reward flights?

Thanks as always.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 9:03 am

The T-24 rule applies to reward bookings only. That is to say, you can cancel up to 24 hours before departure, for a full refund of avios, but will forfeit the £17.50 RFS fee though.

The rule allowing you to cancel within 24 hours of booking applies to both reward and cash bookings, BUT only applies to bookings made more than 24 hours before departure. If you're booking for travel in less than 24h, that won't help you here.

However, according to the strict wording of the T&C, if you're booking at say 4pm today for a flight at 6pm tomorrow, it seems you would have until 4pm tomorrow to cancel that for a full refund. However I'm not sure if that's how BA actually applies the rule in practice. Can anyone confirm?

Last edited by Ldnn1; Feb 10, 2018 at 9:10 am
Old Feb 10, 2018, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
The T-24 rule applies to reward bookings only. That is to say, you can cancel up to 24 hours before departure, for a full refund of avios, but will forfeit the £17.50 RFS fee though.

The rule allowing you to cancel within 24 hours of booking applies to both reward and cash bookings, BUT only applies up to 24 hours before departure, so that will not help you here.
Thanks for your quick response! As there are plenty of seats I might as well wait until I know for sure in the morning then as whatever I do now the money and Avios will be spent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.