FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Some people have no manners (pt 3.) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1893039-some-people-have-no-manners-pt-3-a.html)

Petrus Feb 9, 2018 2:54 am

Some people have no manners (pt 3.)

Well I thought I had seen it all. 1C was empty but about 10 minutes in flight someone shifted themselves to said seat, with what appears the crews blessing :(

Not only did they spread out their possesions, they happily put their feet up on the wall during dinner service, and kept them there for quite the while.

How considerate and thoughtful.

TPRun Feb 9, 2018 2:55 am

That doesn't even look comfortable (unless he was really short!)

V10 Feb 9, 2018 2:57 am

Least surprising post of the day.

madfish Feb 9, 2018 3:03 am

Did they move from elsewhere in the CE cabin or from ET?

Regardless crew should have addressed the issue of feet on the bulkhead.

deboyzoned Feb 9, 2018 3:06 am

Sorry, but why are feet on the bulhead bad manners?

itsmeitisss Feb 9, 2018 3:09 am

Originally Posted by deboyzoned (Post 29397375)

Do you always know what's on the bottom of your shoes? Chewing gum, boiled sweet or even worse, smelly things...

V10 Feb 9, 2018 3:10 am

Do you really not know the answer to that question?

gms Feb 9, 2018 3:11 am

If I came into your home and put my feet, with my outdoor shoes still on, on your living wall, would you see that as good manners or bad manners?

Calum Feb 9, 2018 3:14 am

Nothing does my head in more than people that put their feet on the bulkhead... Should result in CC moving them to the back of ET

deboyzoned Feb 9, 2018 3:16 am

The picture shows shoes on the bulkhead, but the text refers to feet. So i was questioning why feet (without shoes) on bulkhead are bad manners :-)

Also ... if you are worried about Chewing gum, boiled sweet or even worse, smelly things... on the sole of your shoes ..... the same can be said about the wheely bag wheels .... how often do people put the wheely bags on the seat ... quite often ...

deboyzoned Feb 9, 2018 3:17 am

Originally Posted by gms (Post 29397384)
If I came into your home and put my feet, with my outdoor shoes still on, on your living wall, would you see that as good manners or bad manners?

I was referring to feet minus shoes. there is a difference.

Worcester Feb 9, 2018 3:20 am

Originally Posted by Calum (Post 29397395)
Nothing does my head in more than people that put their feet on the bulkhead... Should result in CC moving them to the back of ET

Or possibly sent outside to wipe their feet.

lost_in_translation Feb 9, 2018 3:22 am

And this is why the bulkheads in CE are often so scuffed - I have never disliked someone purely from seeing their shoe before!

V10 Feb 9, 2018 3:25 am

Originally Posted by deboyzoned (Post 29397405)

Indeed there is. In this case you have to put your shoes back on after I tell you to get out of my house.

gms Feb 9, 2018 3:25 am

Yes. Feet minus shoes are often very smelly!

I have seen bare feet, socks and shoes in such positions. All of them are unacceptable in my view (some more so than others!).

itsmeitisss Feb 9, 2018 3:26 am

Depends on the socks. Some smell worse than some of what is on the bottom of shoes...

deboyzoned Feb 9, 2018 3:30 am

Originally Posted by V10 (Post 29397423)
Indeed there is. In this case you have to put your shoes back on after I tell you to get out of my house.

That would not happen as i would not be at your house in the first place :-)

Worcester Feb 9, 2018 3:38 am

Might it not be an idea to suggest to BA when you complete surveys or through other feedback methods that they put a notice in the bulkhead requesting that it is not used like that? It probably has not registered at Waterside this is an issue for people.

PUCCI GALORE Feb 9, 2018 3:42 am

Thank you Petrus - this is my pet peeve as well. When I was flying, I used to make myself popular by asking people to take their feet off the fittings and furniture. Nowadays no one seems to bother. One can only surmise what slobs like that do at home. I have seen people without the benefit of shoes or socks take themselves off and use the toilet. I do not care whether people have shoes or socks - I do not want to see them. As for the bare feet, that is simply disgusting. It is not a beach, it is the shared cabin of an aeroplane.

I deal with spread-everywheres, but putting my stuff on top of theirs when I need to. If they wished to take issue, they would have come to the right shop. This is how society is today, you can pay to sit in a Class when you have none yourself.

MPH1980 Feb 9, 2018 3:43 am

Originally Posted by Worcester (Post 29397452)
Might it not be an idea to suggest to BA when you complete surveys or through other feedback methods that they put a notice in the bulkhead requesting that it is not used like that? It probably has not registered at Waterside this is an issue for people.

Because the notices on trains about feet on seats make a massive difference?

Notsofreq Feb 9, 2018 4:09 am

Originally Posted by MPH1980 (Post 29397459)
Because the notices on trains about feet on seats make a massive difference?

They do on the New York subway. 😎

Mcflyneo Feb 9, 2018 5:47 am

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...cdcfc8458d.jpg

happens everywhere...disgusting people.

mikeyfly Feb 9, 2018 5:50 am

:eek:

Pack Feb 9, 2018 6:14 am

Jeepers! Could he not raise the arm rests if he had the whole row, failing that sleep sitting up.

I hope the corner of the tray caught him inbetween the legs.

Calum Feb 9, 2018 6:16 am

Barefooted individuals should just be shot by armed police, the rest of the aircraft does not want to smell your feet.

MrsBiggles Feb 9, 2018 6:17 am

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...27d40078f6.jpg

Yep, A380 back from MIA

internetplumber Feb 9, 2018 6:19 am

Originally Posted by MrsBiggles (Post 29397730)

I assume he was travelling with the person in the seat next to him, or there's a bit of territorialism going on there too...

MrsBiggles Feb 9, 2018 6:23 am

Originally Posted by internetplumber (Post 29397735)
I assume he was travelling with the person in the seat next to him, or there's a bit of territorialism going on there too...

Indeed, he was traveling with someone, though I think it was a female. Maybe he needed to spread some of his scent

He also needed an extra invitation to clear the floor around him for take off

Stez Feb 9, 2018 6:27 am

Had my wall feeter last week on AY

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...519c6c1b6a.jpg

benjai Feb 9, 2018 6:38 am

Seems like money really can't buy class :(

Cheny Feb 9, 2018 6:50 am

You ought to check out "Passengershaming" on instagram. It's a FA who posts pictures of passengers who have no manners, at their best behaviour. Some are amusing whilst also shocking.
If you don't have instagram just google it, you will still be able to view the images.

msm2000uk Feb 9, 2018 7:13 am

Based on past threads from Petrus, I eagerly await BulkheadFootsie to join FT :D

M

PUCCI GALORE Feb 9, 2018 7:37 am

I think that in 17 years of FT, this is the most revolting thread which I can remember - people are so stupid. There are cameras everywhere. I don't allow Him Indoors to wear trainers until he can promise me that they will never smell. He defied me once. I came home from a trip, opened the wardrobe and his footwear smacked me in the nose. He was still asleep. I threw them in Her Nextdoors recycle bin which was awaiting collection, making a mental note to buy her another bottle of Cognac in case the Council kicked off at her.

He never found out what became of them and he never asked because they didn't exist.

Never mind the smell, think of people going barefoot or even socked foot into the lavs. Not everyone aims to please. Enough said.

LTN Phobia Feb 9, 2018 7:46 am

Ugh, I wish I hadn't clicked on this thread...

madfish Feb 9, 2018 8:11 am

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...731c244d0.jpeg

What about this?
​​​​​​​

Worcester Feb 9, 2018 8:14 am

I think this just highlights the need to wipe down all surfaces you come into contact with on an aircraft...

Row9 Feb 9, 2018 8:16 am

Originally Posted by Worcester (Post 29397452)

Good idea, but.....

teledude Feb 9, 2018 8:19 am

Originally Posted by madfish (Post 29398056)

​​​​​​​ What a slob :D

madfish Feb 9, 2018 8:27 am

Originally Posted by teledude (Post 29398092)
What a slob :D

Would it be worse with or without shoes on?

Hannibal Lecter Feb 9, 2018 8:53 am

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...954d3c70b6.jpg