Wiki Posts
Search

Some people have no manners (pt 3.)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2018, 12:17 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by cameramaker
What on earth do you do when someone from your company is sat in the lounge with feet (shoes on) on the coffee tables?
Disgusting behaviour, but so would be a blatant ignore...
Tell them to take their feet off the tables?

or

Inform the staff?
Old Feb 11, 2019, 12:56 am
AJO

Programs: BA | A3 | AFKL | Hertz | SPG | Avis
Does this count? After all, it was in the confines of their own suite...
Old Feb 11, 2019, 1:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
IMO What people do in their seats on an aircraft or in the lounge is their business providing it does not impact on others but I would argue that dangling your bear feet off the edge of your seating area or sticking them up on a table, where others later might be eating food, is very much affecting others. If my feet are anything to go by the smell alone can be invasive. It is all about respect of others and that is often in short supply, particularly when travelling.

I don't have too much of an issue with shoe'd feet on the bulkhead but IMO bear feet in an aircraft or lounge should not be allowed.

Here is an interesting take: How hygenic is kicking your shoes off in the work place?
Old Feb 11, 2019, 3:12 am

Originally Posted by MrsBiggles

Yep, A380 back from MIA
Maybe he was being kind to the infirm person in the window seat who needed to get out every 30 minutes.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 3:36 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
They must have been traveling together - otherwise window man would have put the screen up?
Old Feb 11, 2019, 3:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
The leg on the tray-table is seriously unhelpful. They are not designed to carry that weight ... no wonder they wobble or don't deploy flat. Git!!

Last edited by T8191; Feb 11, 2019 at 4:14 am Reason: Add photo
Old Feb 11, 2019, 3:58 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by T8191
The leg on the tray-table is seriously unhelpful. They are not designed to carry that weight ... no wonder they wobble or don't deploy flat. Git!!
Exactly! And another reminder to carry some sanitising stuff with you to clean every aspect of the seat! Putting feet where food goes is just..... disgusting!
flygirl68 and LTN Phobia like this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by muscat

Maybe he was being kind to the infirm person in the window seat who needed to get out every 30 minutes.
or maybe the window seat passenger became infirm after slipping on the wrapped blanket carelessly thrown onto the floor.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 10:09 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by SKT-DK
Exactly! And another reminder to carry some sanitising stuff with you to clean every aspect of the seat! Putting feet where food goes is just..... disgusting!
The food goes on a plate, which is on a cloth, which is on a tray, which is on the table......which already covered in bacteria since it is public transport
Triceratiptops likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by ajeleonard
The food goes on a plate, which is on a cloth, which is on a tray, which is on the table......which already covered in bacteria since it is public transport
Perhaps 74 years of exposure to International Bacteria, bith East and West, makes me less sensitive. But I still dislike dirt!
Old Feb 11, 2019, 11:10 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, Virgin Flying Club
Glenn Close is a wonderfully talented actress, one of the best in my opinion.

And last week she posted a picture on Instagram flying on (what I think was) a US domestic flight, and had her bare feet on the bulkhead.

Celebrity or not, that's unacceptable. Her defence was her Uggs got too hot, so on top of everything else, they were sweaty feet too.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 11:18 am

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
This is how society is today, you can pay to sit in a Class when you have none yourself.
This....
Old Feb 11, 2019, 12:14 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by jdsworld
Glenn Close is a wonderfully talented actress, one of the best in my opinion.

And last week she posted a picture on Instagram flying on (what I think was) a US domestic flight, and had her bare feet on the bulkhead.

Celebrity or not, that's unacceptable. Her defence was her Uggs got too hot, so on top of everything else, they were sweaty feet too.
I have now seen the photo for myself. She appears to have been flying United - not that had anything to do with her conduct. No, her feet do not look sweaty but that is neither here nor there. I agree wholeheartedly that she is an excellent actress. That she is uncouth is a sad state of affairs, that she sees fit to plaster this all over the internet is a sorry state of affairs. How common!
jcatman and T8191 like this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 1:17 pm

Programs: Meh
I do not allow myself to be bothered by what others do when flying after many years. What bothers me more would be dirty planes, or people snapping pics of other people without their permission.

Also find it amusing the numerous comments about the class of the pictured people - how such people are 'common' - whatever is wrong with being common I do not know.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 1:29 pm

Well said, Stevie. Snobbery irritates me far more than the manners of others. Clean aeroplanes and getting professional service top my list of concerns when travelling.
camsean and HMPS like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.