Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Some people have no manners (pt 3.)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2018, 2:41 am

Programs: BA LtG, Flying Blue Plat
The material (Tedlar) covering the two sections of bulkhead alone costs in the region of Ł30k per wall... but of course some oafscant see past the end of their nose.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 2:42 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by HKGEDI

And left a bra on the seat too 😂
Probably the only item of clothing I can remove without showing anything - easy to take off without anyone noticing, I couldn’t imagine doing that on a plane though
Old Feb 10, 2018, 2:43 am

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by 13900
barf bag emptied into the seat pockets
Why oh why, if all has already been put in a bag? (‘Why’ on all the other examples too by the way)
Old Feb 10, 2018, 3:20 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Originally Posted by ShuttleRunner
The material (Tedlar) covering the two sections of bulkhead alone costs in the region of Ł30k per wall... but of course some oafscant see past the end of their nose.
Sod the JWB that’s what I am going after next flight...
frank_poulankh likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 4:09 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Joshm300

This is shocking...
I've seen bare feet on the tables as well in GF. It's disgusting. I am not really bothered by feet inside shoes and socks on the bulkhead, but feet (in shoes, socks, or bare) on tables (tray, coffee, or otherwise) is just horrifying.
watersign likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 4:35 am

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite
What is the etiquette re: feet on flatbeds? Bare? With own socks? With BA socks? With shoes?
nancypants likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by HarryKUK
What is the etiquette re: feet on flatbeds? Bare? With own socks? With BA socks? With shoes?

My personal etiquette is socks, however my socks never touch the floor as I put my slip-ons/sandals on each time I stand or sit up. However, when in long-haul economy I have no problem with taking my shoes off and putting my socked feet on the bulkhead, so take my opinion as you see fit.

Last edited by adrianlondon; Feb 10, 2018 at 7:41 am Reason: long-hail to long-haul! So far, I've not had to hail a flight.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 5:08 am

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite

I’m not as bothered by it as some people on here, but my general opinion is socked is fine. Certainly preferred over shoes or bare. Always shoes in the toilet. I tend to wear my laceless Converse slip ons when I’m flying so it’s easy enough to take on / off. Not a fan of feet on the bulkhead (socked or otherwise) but not bothered enough to tell someone to stop doing it. Feet on tray tables (socked or otherwise) is unnecessary but I’ve never encountered it personally.
adrianlondon and MiraculousM like this.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by Pack
Jeepers! Could he not raise the arm rests if he had the whole row, failing that sleep sitting up.

I hope the corner of the tray caught him inbetween the legs.
Darn shame we didn't occur a rejected take-off at max speed, indeed... The airline doesn't give a rats butt as, directly after taking the picture i vented it to them and they had no comment.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 5:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Originally Posted by Mcflyneo
Darn shame we didn't occur a rejected take-off at max speed, indeed... The airline doesn't give a rats butt as, directly after taking the picture i vented it to them and they had no comment.
what exactly did they say? And was there any inkling that they were like “what does it matter to you?”? I’m intrigued as to how some crew would act in that situation
Old Feb 10, 2018, 6:52 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Delightful view on the flounge terrace right now.

(Should be pic of bloke in bare feet up on the sofa, chatting loudly on mobile phone. Didn't upload right)

Last edited by bisonrav; Feb 10, 2018 at 6:58 am
Old Feb 10, 2018, 7:01 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Deleted to spare the innocent

He's snoring now
orbitmic and jcatman like this.

Last edited by bisonrav; Feb 10, 2018 at 7:26 am
Old Feb 10, 2018, 7:11 am

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Thank you Petrus - this is my pet peeve as well. When I was flying, I used to make myself popular by asking people to take their feet off the fittings and furniture. Nowadays no one seems to bother. One can only surmise what slobs like that do at home. I have seen people without the benefit of shoes or socks take themselves off and use the toilet. I do not care whether people have shoes or socks - I do not want to see them. As for the bare feet, that is simply disgusting. It is not a beach, it is the shared cabin of an aeroplane.

I deal with spread-everywheres, but putting my stuff on top of theirs when I need to. If they wished to take issue, they would have come to the right shop. This is how society is today, you can pay to sit in a Class when you have none yourself.
When I'm flying in F or CW, the cabin is often uncomfortably warm and one of the few options (after asking to have the temperature cooled) is to change into shorts and remove my socks. I of course would never visit the toilet without either BA's socks or my socks and shoes. Do cabin crew and others really find this offensive (my feet generally don't have an odor). If so, I would suggest that cabin temperatures be kept exceptionally cool so that no one is tempted to remove their socks.

The solution for not having people put their shoes on the bulkheads is pretty obvious... add more legroom. In general I find my shoes touch the magazine holder (e.g. the very bottom of the bulkhead) and I'm below average in height.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Hmm... people are of course entitled to post anything they wish (within the known limits which are fully respected here) on FT, but for what it's worth, I find that whole array of 'shaming' photos rather morbid. Do they depict behaviours which I would rather not see? Absolutely. To be honest, however, I don't see what they add to the discussion. I think all of us have enough experience of flying and enough imagination to know exactly what is referred to if anyone wants to discuss whether people should refrain from putting their shoes on the bulkhead, picking their bare toes in the lounge or leaving bras on seats, all of which are perfectly interesting questions, in my personal view without a need for visual illustration or shaming the culprits.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 8:07 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Worcester
I think this just highlights the need to wipe down all surfaces you come into contact with on an aircraft...
I do this as soon as I get to my seat on all my flights. At that time I also open the tray table to clean it. If I'm in Business, I also use the hot towel provided to give everything an extra cleaning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.