Wiki Posts
Search

Some people have no manners (pt 3.)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2018, 10:03 am

Programs: WN, DL, AA; Hyatt or Wyndham
Originally Posted by Stez
Had my wall feeter last week on AY

I see absolutely nothing wrong with this.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 10:21 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Delta Hog
I see absolutely nothing wrong with this.
What did the wall ever do to him to deserve that treatment?
Old Feb 9, 2018, 10:24 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
What did the wall ever do to him to deserve that treatment?
Walls are divisive.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 12:13 pm
formerly southsidesilver

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, HH Diamond
I think the issue here is that people treat the airplane/lounge likes its their own living room and give no regard to others.

They all seem to forget this is all public shared transportation.
Find to do what you want in your own home, but not around others.

I think my worst was hearing the sounds of a nail clipper in action on a long flight once, I did not get up to take a look.
watersign and nancypants like this.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 12:26 pm

Programs: BAEC
@Petrus Were part 1 & part 2 just as lacklustre in the manners department? I don’t recall them!
Old Feb 9, 2018, 12:53 pm
formerly mattking2000

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
@Petrus Were part 1 & part 2 just as lacklustre in the manners department? I don’t recall them!
Part 1 is of legendary printingandbreakfast fame: Some people have no manners
Part 2 is a ridiculous Scottish cow being...well, a cow: Some people have no manners!! (part 2)
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 1:00 pm

I worked for about six months as a contract manager, looking after the cleaning contract (back in the day it was ASIG, before OCS and the current provider). Part of my job involved inspecting aircrafts, before and after cleaning. It was only six months before I moved on, but boy wasn't it an eye opener.

I've seen blankets used as cleaning towels for toddlers, emergency exit areas soaked in urine, hand basins used as latrines (very popular on Indian routes), petty vandalism (people perforating the IFE touchscreens with ballpoint pens, punching holes through window blinds, graffiti on the First class seat shells), chewing gums sticked into the seats, especially on the leather armrests of the new First, duvets flushed down the toilet, barf bag emptied into the seat pockets, nappies stuffed in the toilets or under seats... My absolute worse was a string of cases when an insulin syringe had been left, without the cap, in a seat pocket, pointing up. It happened 3 times within months, always in Traveller Plus, always on the same route. We tried to identify the scumbag that was doing it, because it was clear that it was being done on purpose, but unfortunately we didn't catch him, or her. Two poor cleaning ladies had to be taken to hospital to be checked for HIV and other problems.

It really was an eye opener on how disgusting people can be.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 1:35 pm

Programs: Starbucks Gold
Very comfy indeed
watersign likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 2:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by 13900
I worked for about six months as a contract manager, looking after the cleaning contract (back in the day it was ASIG, before OCS and the current provider). Part of my job involved inspecting aircrafts, before and after cleaning. It was only six months before I moved on, but boy wasn't it an eye opener.

I've seen blankets used as cleaning towels for toddlers, emergency exit areas soaked in urine, hand basins used as latrines (very popular on Indian routes), petty vandalism (people perforating the IFE touchscreens with ballpoint pens, punching holes through window blinds, graffiti on the First class seat shells), chewing gums sticked into the seats, especially on the leather armrests of the new First, duvets flushed down the toilet, barf bag emptied into the seat pockets, nappies stuffed in the toilets or under seats... My absolute worse was a string of cases when an insulin syringe had been left, without the cap, in a seat pocket, pointing up. It happened 3 times within months, always in Traveller Plus, always on the same route. We tried to identify the scumbag that was doing it, because it was clear that it was being done on purpose, but unfortunately we didn't catch him, or her. Two poor cleaning ladies had to be taken to hospital to be checked for HIV and other problems.

It really was an eye opener on how disgusting people can be.
What a shocker! Didn't realise how disgusting people are! The syringe person needs to be hung, drawn and quartered!
Old Feb 9, 2018, 3:24 pm

Programs: Starbucks Gold

And left a bra on the seat too 😂
Originally Posted by Fontana
What a shocker! Didn't realise how disgusting people are! The syringe person needs to be hung, drawn and quartered!
​​​​​​​
Old Feb 9, 2018, 3:51 pm

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
Originally Posted by Cheny
You ought to check out "Passengershaming" on instagram. It's a FA who posts pictures of passengers who have no manners, at their best behaviour. Some are amusing whilst also shocking.
If you don't have instagram just google it, you will still be able to view the images.
Oh dear god, some of those are disgusting, particularly the 2017 shaming video. The foot coming out from the the seat behind is just plain creepy!
Cheny likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
This is shocking...
Old Feb 10, 2018, 12:48 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
But exposure to a little dirt is going to train your immune system. It is good for you.
nancypants likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 1:03 am
Suspended

Programs: Life Miles, Miles and more
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I think that in 17 years of FT, this is the most revolting thread which I can remember - people are so stupid. There are cameras everywhere. I don't allow Him Indoors to wear trainers until he can promise me that they will never smell. He defied me once. I came home from a trip, opened the wardrobe and his footwear smacked me in the nose. He was still asleep. I threw them in Her Nextdoors recycle bin which was awaiting collection, making a mental note to buy her another bottle of Cognac in case the Council kicked off at her.

He never found out what became of them and he never asked because they didn't exist.

Never mind the smell, think of people going barefoot or even socked foot into the lavs. Not everyone aims to please. Enough said.
From what I've seen, you loooooove judging others, and making something of a thing of yourself on here, but then you threw some shoes in someone else's bin? And that is better than someone just taking their shoes off?
VSLover, barnaby101 and Boturham like this.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 2:16 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by nallison
From what I've seen, you loooooove judging others, and making something of a thing of yourself on here, but then you threw some shoes in someone else's bin? And that is better than someone just taking their shoes off?
oy!

leave our PUCCI alone! She is the Queen of the BA board!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.