Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

AA flight booked with Avios: Not able to select seats on AA.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2018, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold

I've made several Avios bookings for flights on AA over the past month and I have not been able to select any seats myself on aa.com. I've also purchased revenue tickets on aa.com in this same time frame and not a problem selecting any seat including MCE when i add my BA account #.

At first I thought it was a glitch but now I am starting to think that there may be something else going on here when you book with Avios in economy. A ticket I purchased in first allowed me to choose any seat I wanted.

Has anyone else seen this recently?
Old Feb 7, 2018, 1:23 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by brit44
I've made several Avios bookings for flights on AA over the past month and I have not been able to select any seats myself on aa.com. I've also purchased revenue tickets on aa.com in this same time frame and not a problem selecting any seat including MCE when i add my BA account #.

At first I thought it was a glitch but now I am starting to think that there may be something else going on here when you book with Avios in economy. A ticket I purchased in first allowed me to choose any seat I wanted.

Has anyone else seen this recently?
Yes I noticed this in the last few days, booked 3 AA flights in Y using avios, and all 3 of them have the seat map completely greyed out where previously it would have been possible to select any seat including MCE etc. I called AA and spoke to someone in the CK team who were unaware of any changes. They could assign a standard seat for me, but nothing in the seats normally considered preferred by AA (even the basic ones in green on the normal seatmap). On a standard domestic A321 the furthest forward they could put me was Row 19. It certainly wouldn't surprise me if AA were to start treating award tickets like cheap-Y tickets, particularly at the sAAver level. Fingers crossed it is just a bug though.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ongoing thread in the AA forum https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...-ba-avios.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.