FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   TAs DIFs and GUFs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1892755-tas-difs-gufs.html)

teledude Feb 7, 2018 12:25 pm

TAs DIFs and GUFs

Trying to apply a GUF2 to an exGOT DIF (T) - tried PT and they only seem to do it with a LON POS giving me a fare increase over STO of ~£140.

Appreciate I need to pay the extra YQ but anyone had success of getting the correct POS when going via a UK TA?

Sorry for all the abbreviations :D:D

Simple terms...

Want to buy a WTP GOT-WAS//MIA-GOT fare and use my GUF2 via a TA :)

golfmad Feb 7, 2018 12:37 pm

Here's an explanation of the more obscure ones for anyone reading who is a bit confused:
DIF - Dual inventory fare
PT - Propeller Travel
STO - Most likely Stockholm (ARN)

Huffordt Feb 7, 2018 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by golfmad (Post 29390947)
Here's an explanation of the more obscure ones for anyone reading who is a bit confused:
PT - Propeller Travel

A little???

Globaliser Feb 7, 2018 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by teledude (Post 29390880)
Trying to apply a GUF2 to an exGOT DIF (T) - tried PT and they only seem to do it with a LON POS giving me a fare increase over STO of ~£140.

Have you got to the bottom of why using a UK POS increases the fare by that much? Are the lower economy booking classes unavailable using a UK POS, pushing you up to a higher DIF based on a higher economy booking class?

If so, have you tried looking at other POSs to see whether there's another POS that can replicate the price that you were originally thinking of?

Globaliser Feb 7, 2018 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by golfmad (Post 29390947)
PT - Propeller Travel

And:
POS - point of sale
WAS - Washington DC metropolitan area code (just as STO is the metropolitan area code for Stockholm)

teledude Feb 7, 2018 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by Globaliser (Post 29391125)
Have you got to the bottom of why using a UK POS increases the fare by that much? Are the lower economy booking classes unavailable using a UK POS, pushing you up to a higher DIF based on a higher economy booking class?

If so, have you tried looking at other POSs to see whether there's another POS that can replicate the price that you were originally thinking of?

All the booking classes look good across the UK POS and USA for that matter... :confused:

edit - all POS I try come back with the UK price except STO.... and I can only price the DIF on BA.com or a swedish TA...

edit2 - thanks all for the translations :D

teledude Feb 7, 2018 1:23 pm

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...768b2cf2ab.png

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...56b91b1722.png

mickeyjaw Feb 7, 2018 1:28 pm

Whilst on the subject of buying ex-GOT fares from a UK POS, does anyone know how to buy one of these fares from the AMEX travel website?

teledude Feb 7, 2018 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by mickeyjaw (Post 29391189)
Whilst on the subject of buying ex-GOT fares from a UK POS, does anyone know how to buy one of these fares from the AMEX travel website?

I dont think you can because of the POS issue...it will price at the lowest T fare for the UK not a DIF...

MarkFlies Feb 7, 2018 3:26 pm

The first post is like a Flyertalk exam question.

It's how you find out if you're on here too much :)

nufnuf77 Feb 7, 2018 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by mickeyjaw (Post 29391189)

Originally Posted by teledude (Post 29391208)
I dont think you can because of the POS issue...it will price at the lowest T fare for the UK not a DIF...

Yes, you can buy them on AMEX travel, or BA callcentre in UK. The POS issue is in my experience only an ITA glitch. Unfortunately, I haven't had any luck using Propeller to book any of the DIF fares (neither the US nor the Japan ones).

El_Duderito Feb 7, 2018 3:40 pm

My assumption always was, that travel agents cannot price DIF fares (like most of those nice WTP fares). I always wait for an offer where they officially publish the cheaper WTP fare and then book through a travel agent using an upgrade voucher.
Have I been stupid or is there a way to actually book DIF fares using a TA?

teledude Feb 7, 2018 3:55 pm

Just gave up and did it direct with BA as there was free space :)

£605.10 each inc all taxes for J :)

Interested to keep this discussion going though....

Globaliser Feb 7, 2018 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by teledude (Post 29391153)
All the booking classes look good across the UK POS and USA for that matter... :confused:

edit - all POS I try come back with the UK price except STO.... and I can only price the DIF on BA.com or a swedish TA...

The cheaper fares you can buy on ba.com or using a Swedish POS have this:-

Category 35: Negotiated Fares
IF ADULT. THIS FARE IS VALID FOR A SPECIFIED ACCOUNT CODE.
CONTACT CARRIER FOR DETAILS.
SALE IS RESTRICTED TO SPECIFIC AGENTS
SALE IS RESTRICTED TO SPECIFIC AGENTS
OR - SALE IS RESTRICTED TO SPECIFIC AGENTS
This seems to be supported by the fact that the Swedish POS fares don't seem to be listed on the EF fare listing.

My guess would be that this would be why you can only get them with a Swedish POS, which ba.com also uses if you buy there.