Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ex-EU to ORD/SEA

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2018, 3:10 am
Original Poster

ex-EU to ORD/SEA

I'm looking to go an open jawed trip out to ORD then back from SEA departing on 31st May and returning on the 8th June and would value the forum's expertise on finding some different fares. I'd probably be able to move those days slightly earlier/later to take advantage of better prices if it didn't affect the length of stay.

Outbound, I'm fairly flexible on times/routings. Sticking to OneWorld but no airline preference within it. ex-EU would be worth considering though I will have checked baggage so can't do any back-to-backs.

Inbound I'd like to fly back on the evening BA departure from SEA (BA48 I think) to get the most sleep but am still happy to take a connecting flight from LHR to complete any ex-EU.

The inbound needs to be in J but the outbound can be in either W or J depending on the fare difference between the two. There's not much (direct) Avios availability on the dates I'm looking at so I'm working on the assumption I'll just be buying straight into the class I want.

Having done a bit of browsing myself there seems to be options in the £1600-1800 region outbound with AA from DUB or AY from HEL to ORD. Based on that my upper budget is going to be £2k once including any required positioning flights.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
Old Feb 7, 2018, 3:14 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Something like this maybe?

https://www.google.co.uk/flights/#se...6-08;tt=m;sc=b

Might be possible to finesse the return so you change from LHR to LCY for the return flight to Dusseldorf though I haven't checked that.

Last edited by bisonrav; Feb 7, 2018 at 3:21 am
Old Feb 7, 2018, 3:30 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
For 1443 GBP
29/05 DUB - ORD (AA) - Clear Emigration in Dublin
06/06 SEA-LHR-DUS (AA - Operated by BA)

For BA Flight codes - above is available for 1552 GBP
Old Feb 7, 2018, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...A944;sc=b;eo=e

Complete bargain

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.