Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Booking BA WT+ (paid) with partner on same booking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2018, 3:17 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz

I skimmed the forum, did a few searches, as I'm sure this must have come up before. Apologies if I've missed something.

I'm looking at booking AUS-LHR-ICN round-trip in PE. For the return portion, the ICN-LHR-AUS flights don't match without an overnight at LHR and the BA website gives me options including a partner, such as ICN-HKG-LHR-AUS. But even when I select WT+/PE, the ICN-HKG (on CX) leg is saying economy (for all CX flights on several days). I've looked elsewhere, and CX has PE on at least some of the flights. The BA award booking tool shows seats available in coach, PE, or biz for the flight, if I wanted to use Avios. ICN-HKG is about 3-1/2 to 4 hours, and I'd rather not sit in regular coach, especially if I'm paying for WT+.

Is this just a glitch with the BA website, or am I doing something wrong?

Alternatively, if no other solution, as I have tons of AA miles, I could just book a one way AA award ICN-HKG, and separately a paid BA multi-city AUS-LHR-ICN, HKG-LHR-AUS for about the same price as an AUS-ICN roundrip. AA doesn't (yet) do award bookings in PE, so I guess it would be forced luxury riding in CX biz (actually not a bad way to go I guess). I'd have carry-on only, so wouldn't have to worry about baggage, just getting a boarding pass at HKG for the BA flights.

Thoughts?
Old Feb 6, 2018, 5:25 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Are you sure you are looking at the same CX flights between ICN and HKG that supposedly have PE cabin? I checked on a random selection of dates in the spring and all flights only have J and Y cabins.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 6:31 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
I'm confused as to why you would do the AUS-LHR-ICN routing when you could do AUS-DFW-ICN in AA's new premium economy, which is reputedly at least the equal of WTP, for less than regular economy on BA.

Mileage runs are awesome and everything but this doesn't seem like a particularly cost-effective option.

In answer to the specific question, it looks as though CX offers premium economy daily on the route until the middle/end of March but not after that. CX's two-class business cabin has a seat that is not wildly different from its three-class premium economy, though the service is markedly better. If you have specific dates we could probably check why it's offering regular coach only - at a rough guess, either the fare is set up that way or it only maps BA's T class to CX E class and E is sold out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.