Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

IB booking on BA so. slow. to. credit Avios & TPs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2018, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL

I don't understand why it takes so long to credit an IB-purchased ticket on BA metal? It's been 10 days thus far and might take another 28 apparently... Whinge.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 9:52 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
I don't understand why it takes so long to credit an IB-purchased ticket on BA metal? It's been 10 days thus far and might take another 28 apparently... Whinge.
You can make a claim 7 days after a flight if the points haven't credited. Is this what they said after you have put a claim in? I am not a frequent IB flyer but I don't remember them being particularly slow in crediting.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
IB credits quite quickly, the issue is when you book an IBxxxx flight operated by BA that almost never credits automatically.
bil and stewardo like this.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BA6501
IB credits quite quickly, the issue is when you book an IBxxxx flight operated by BA that almost never credits automatically.
It had to be an IB purchase as it was about 50% cheaper than direct from BA, despite all the planes being the same BA ones!

Might take 28 days to credit after raising a claim - which is difficult enough to do in the first place. IB doesn't want to know on Twitter, it's down to BA to process and contact IB behind the scenes as necessary, apparently...
Old Feb 5, 2018, 10:11 am

Might take 28 days to credit after raising a claim .
It won't. I bet you'll have the points by the end of the week.
bil likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 10:15 am

Programs: BA Gold
It had to be an IB purchase as it was about 50% cheaper than direct from BA, despite all the planes being the same BA ones!

Might take 28 days to credit after raising a claim - which is difficult enough to do in the first place. IB doesn't want to know on Twitter, it's down to BA to process and contact IB behind the scenes as necessary, apparently...
Exactly the same experience here...
Old Feb 5, 2018, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
You can raise the claim online after 7 days. Whenever I've done this I've been credited the next day or the day after.
IB can't do anything.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 11:08 am
Original Poster

You can raise the claim online after 7 days. Whenever I've done this I've been credited the next day or the day after.
IB can't do anything.
Well, it's been three days since that, as I raised it after the standard 7 days...

It really shouldn't be this difficult, really. It should just happen automatically.
mec72 likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
IB can't do anything.
In the same boat. IB code on BA flights. Claimed after the magic 7 days. Now another seven days further along and no news ....
Old Feb 5, 2018, 3:34 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
IB can't do anything.
Same here. Multiple claims for IB codeshares on BA metal, all credited within 24-48 hours after making a partner claim online via ba.com (following the 7 day wait).
Old Feb 5, 2018, 11:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, DL GM, AA Plat, NEXUS
I've been in the same boat many times (last one in December) and I can confidently tell that if you don't submit a claim manually you'll never see TP/Avios posted up.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 7:03 am

Programs: BA Gold
Just to add to this - I've submitted a missing Avios request and it's been rejected due to the "operating airline unknown". It's just Iberia and BA, respectively

Called the Gold line - the agent said they've been having a lot of issues with crediting Iberia flights recently, she "sent it down again" and assured it should be fine this time.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mec72
Just to add to this - I've submitted a missing Avios request and it's been rejected due to the "operating airline unknown". It's just Iberia and BA, respectively

Called the Gold line - the agent said they've been having a lot of issues with crediting Iberia flights recently, she "sent it down again" and assured it should be fine this time.
Rejected mine, too, as they'd been "credited elsewhere". Which wasn't true, fools.

It's gone through just now - 14 days after the actual flight and with a lot of contact needed!
Old Feb 8, 2018, 2:12 pm

Might take 28 days to credit after raising a claim
Originally Posted by KARFA
It won't. I bet you'll have the points by the end of the week.
It's gone through just now
The prophecy has been fulfilled
Old Feb 16, 2018, 9:59 am

Programs: Newbie BA Gold
Just having the same problem....LHR-MAD-SVQ and return. LHR-MAD on BA metal, rest on IB. All the IB flights have credited but the first flight on BA still hasn't, today is the 7th day so I will put in a claim next week.

I remember having to do something similar last year when I did LHR-MAD-BCN

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.