Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

IB booking on BA so. slow. to. credit Avios & TPs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IB booking on BA so. slow. to. credit Avios & TPs

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2018, 10:02 am

Programs: GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by benjai
Just having the same problem....LHR-MAD-SVQ and return. LHR-MAD on BA metal, rest on IB. All the IB flights have credited but the first flight on BA still hasn't, today is the 7th day so I will put in a claim next week.

I remember having to do something similar last year when I did LHR-MAD-BCN
Exactly the same - always - took 5 days last time
Old Feb 17, 2018, 1:25 pm

Programs: Newbie BA Gold
Originally Posted by teledude
Exactly the same - always - took 5 days last time
Do you mean it took 5 days to credit automatically, or 5 days to credit after you made a claim?
Old Feb 17, 2018, 1:44 pm

Programs: GGL/CCR
Do you mean it took 5 days to credit automatically, or 5 days to credit after you made a claim?
Automatically
Old Feb 22, 2018, 8:35 am

Hello could I get a bit of help please.

So my points from LHR-MAD haven't been credited yet. I'm going to file a claim but I'm not really sure where to file, under BA, or under partner flights?

Tix were booked via Amex Travel and the itinerary says "IB3163 operated by British Airways". My boarding pass is a BA one and says, "BA512 operated by Iberia, sold as IB3163". So which way round is it?
Old Feb 22, 2018, 8:46 am

Programs: BA Gold
Hello could I get a bit of help please.

So my points from LHR-MAD haven't been credited yet. I'm going to file a claim but I'm not really sure where to file, under BA, or under partner flights?

Tix were booked via Amex Travel and the itinerary says "IB3163 operated by British Airways". My boarding pass is a BA one and says, "BA512 operated by Iberia, sold as IB3163". So which way round is it?
I think this is the confusing thing about IB flights operating from T5 under BA numbers. You should file it as a partner flight but probably even better to call. I had the same issue and the claim was rejected, only went through when it was manually processed after a call.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 1:07 am

Smile

Originally Posted by mec72
I think this is the confusing thing about IB flights operating from T5 under BA numbers. You should file it as a partner flight but probably even better to call. I had the same issue and the claim was rejected, only went through when it was manually processed after a call.
Thanks for this. I posted three claims for our family online under the partner flight section and was pretty straightforward, just had to dig out the ticket numbers but didn't have to scan boarding passes or anything. We all just got the points credited after only two days! So all worked out but would be nice to not have to do this every time....
Old Feb 24, 2018, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
A booking showing IB3163 means you are booked on the IB flight number, operated by BA512, which is operated by an Iberia aircraft. You should claim under airline partners after 7 days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.