Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Will BA tell my corporate TA if I upgrade with Avios?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will BA tell my corporate TA if I upgrade with Avios?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2018, 5:12 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
The effort I'd put into this would depend on the importance of CE versus ET, bearing in mind it's the same seat basically and you'll presumably be in group 2 for boarding. All you get for your avios is a meal, and I think in silver you can select an exit row if you haven't already.

I might take a POUG for the TPs, but not an UuA for the comfort. But then again I like BoB bacon rolls and coffee more than smoked duck salad.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 5:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by bisonrav
The effort I'd put into this would depend on the importance of CE versus ET, bearing in mind it's the same seat basically and you'll presumably be in group 2 for boarding. All you get for your avios is a meal, and I think in silver you can select an exit row if you haven't already.

I might take a POUG for the TPs, but not an UuA for the comfort. But then again I like BoB bacon rolls and coffee more than smoked duck salad.
I must admit I'm heading in that direction. It's a "Long" flight so at least I'd get some decent catering, but yes, my 6k avios would be getting me an empty middle seat, food & drink and a seat slightly nearer the front. I don't need the TPs this year, so a POUG seems over-the-top.

My main reason for wanting CE is this flight arrives in LHR at 21:30, and I have a 08:00 departure from LGW the following morning for a weekend away, and I don't want to be totally fed up with aircraft that week...
Old Feb 7, 2018, 5:34 am

6k will get you some decent catering onboard though! It may work if you call up though - seems like an IT limitation, rather than it spotting the ticketing location.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 5:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Deltus
I must admit I'm heading in that direction. It's a "Long" flight so at least I'd get some decent catering, but yes, my 6k avios would be getting me an empty middle seat, food & drink and a seat slightly nearer the front. I don't need the TPs this year, so a POUG seems over-the-top.

My main reason for wanting CE is this flight arrives in LHR at 21:30, and I have a 08:00 departure from LGW the following morning for a weekend away, and I don't want to be totally fed up with aircraft that week...
In that case I would agree, for a long flight it is worth a bit of effort and 6k avios.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 6:22 am

I get that message all the time with our CTA bookings made in Vancouver - My account is in England. Call up and no problem
Old Feb 7, 2018, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by hypercrypt
Call up and no problem
You're right - managed to do it on the phone to the Silver line with no problem. Slight oddity was that she wanted a credit card for the massive 10 pence of tax charges in addition to the 6k avios, which hadn't appeared when I tried it on the website, but I don't think that will break my credit limit...

For what it's worth (and to answer the original question in this thread), it's now re-ticketed and I haven't received any notification from CWT.
bisonrav likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 9:10 am

Install the (very good) CWT To Go app - it should show up there.

Glad you got it sorted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.