Flight 2168 cancelled 3 Feb 2018 FLL -LGW

Old Feb 4, 2018, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Flight 2168 cancelled 3 Feb 2018 FLL -LGW

Does any one know why this flight was cancelled yesterday? On this flight in the near future. Just curious.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 9:57 am

Programs: BA Silver - QF Lifetime Silver
G-YMMC technical issue on 2nd Feb meant BA2153/BA2153 LGW - Bridgetown on 2nd was delayed overnight. G-VIIY which was scheduled to operate BA2169/BA2168 on 3rd was switched to operate the delayed Bridgetown service and the Fort Lauderdale was cancelled
Old Feb 4, 2018, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I imagine a cancelled FLL has opportunity to get many pax to MIA from LHR on the BA and AA services. I imagine that and LGW JGK are first candidates for a cancellation
Old Feb 4, 2018, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

BA has two flights from MIA to LHR, and AA has two flights from MIA to LHR. All four are direct.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 7:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
There are multitudes of nonstop options from the East Coast to LON on BA / AA (which is a JV over the North Atlantic). From FLL, getting passengers to MIA, ATL, CLT, IAD, PHL, EWR, JFK, or BOS is rather easy. While not all offer service to LGW, it is easy enough to get them to LON.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 3:01 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
If anyone is a mate of Gary Neville point him in the direction of this thread...

Gary Neville denied boarding on British Airways flight | The Independent

But - does this read as though he's bought a seperate ticket from LHR? I say that as I assume BA wouldn't deny booking to someone who had an onward flight without providing an alternative.

Wonder if he made his onward flight?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.