Search

Help needed left iPad on flight

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2018, 10:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Help needed left iPad on flight

hi all

im in China just now just off a flight and I’ve left my iPad on the plane. I know where it is and probably not somewhere easily noticed. So probably still on the plane on the way back to thebUK.

Airport staff say say nothing was found and offloaded.

is the exec club the best place to go to or is theye another number I should call to get a check on landing or in flight?

regards
GC
Old Feb 3, 2018, 10:50 pm

I would consider it lost. Sorry.
happyintheair likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 11:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Yep, what I expect.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 11:53 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
It's good to be ready to accept that it is lost but also good to try. Calling Exec Club plus filing lost reports with the airport authority is a good idea. Sometimes it takes a day for found items to get reported/recorded so they can be recovered.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 11:57 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, LTG & CCR; IC RA; Hilton D (free from BA)
I would hope that wherever you left it around your seat that it would have been found. Otherwise the airline has a serious security problem The cleaners should be searched before they get on and after as well.
wanderingjock likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 12:00 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by IThink
I would hope that wherever you left it around your seat that it would have been found. Otherwise the airline has a serious security problem
Really? iPAD which has gone through screening left in the seat is a serious security problem?! I wish it were....
Old Feb 4, 2018, 1:03 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
I left my iPad on a flight recently. I was able to collect it from lost property the following week. It took several days before it was logged as being found. Don’t give up hope yet.
Yoshi212 likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 2:16 am

Originally Posted by IThink
I would hope that wherever you left it around your seat that it would have been found. Otherwise the airline has a serious security problem The cleaners should be searched before they get on and after as well.
What on earth are you talking about?
nufnuf77, Stez and Yoshi212 like this.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 2:27 am

I left my glasses on a ba flight once and because they were found by the cleaners during the turbaround they had to be offloaded for security reasons at the airport, so BA effectively handed them to the airport to put in their lost property. Amazingly I got them back after transferring some money to cover the postage. Therefore if it has been found, make sure you pursue the airport as well.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 2:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH M&M Member
If you think it is definitlely on its way back to Heathrow then www.missingx.com is your friend (they handle the lost property for Heathrow) but I wouldn’t discount trying the destination airport again over the next few days.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 2:42 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
If there is any possibility the iPad could get snagged in the mechanics of your seat you should alert BA immediately.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 2:58 am

Originally Posted by simons1
What on earth are you talking about?
All baggage in the cabin must be removed when the owner leaves for security - BA have a process in place that delays departure when passengers offload before takeoff to ensure that nothing is left behind. Likewise, during turnarounds the plane is checked to make sure items haven't been left behind.

You can imagine the risks that security are trying to minimise by making people turn on ipads and laptops at the airport, so it's not great that you can leave them onboard by mistake (but if you're realistic you recognise that duct taping a black laptop to the cabin wall underneath a seat is never going to be identified unless you make crew get on their hands and knees with a torch).
Old Feb 4, 2018, 3:09 am

Programs: AAdvantage Asia Miles Air China
In 1999, so going back to before the current level of security, I left a top of the range Nikon camera under my seat on a BA Flight from Narita to London. The cleaners handed it in to BA staff at Heathrow, so there is always a chance.

Good Luck!

Nicc
Old Feb 4, 2018, 3:18 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
I left an iPad on a Emirates flight and it was found and handed in, the lady at the Emirates office said it is really hard for people to sneak something like an iPad off the aircraft as all staff are checked when leaving the aircraft. Good luck thou, fingers crossed !
Old Feb 4, 2018, 3:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Originally Posted by GlasgowCyclops
hi all

im in China just now just off a flight and I’ve left my iPad on the plane. I know where it is and probably not somewhere easily noticed. So probably still on the plane on the way back to thebUK.

Airport staff say say nothing was found and offloaded.

is the exec club the best place to go to or is theye another number I should call to get a check on landing or in flight?

regards
GC
sorry to hear that.
Is it locked with a PIN/password?
do you use any tracking (find my xxx)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.