Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

DUB BA Operated Flights Became Aer Lingus Operated

DUB BA Operated Flights Became Aer Lingus Operated

Old Feb 5, 2018, 1:06 pm

Ive just had an email from BA about my CE flight from DUB - LHR saying its changed to an EI operated. Its has offered compensation of 20,000 Avios each of 100 voucher

Email is below and also mentions complimentary refreshments.Dear Customer,

In the last few days, you may have received a message from us regarding your booking with reference XXXXXX. We had to make some adjustments to our schedule, which have triggered this message. We appreciate it may have caused some concern so we wanted to confirm the changes to your booking.

Your flight will now be operated by Aer Lingus using the same flight number. Unfortunately, the aircraft will only have an economy cabin on board, which means you will now be travelling in economy (Euro Traveller).

You will still be able to enjoy complimentary drinks and snacks on board this flight but your checked baggage allowance will be that of Euro Traveller. If you are an Executive Club Silver or Gold Member, you will be able to enjoy your tier-related benefits, such as access to the lounge.

As a way to make this up to you, we will credit your Executive Club account with 20,000 Avios within 28 days. If you are not an Executive Club Member, please contact our Customer Relations team to receive a 100 e-voucher.

We have already adjusted your booking and you can view it in Manage My Booking. If you're not happy with these changes, you can rebook to the next available British Airways operated flight that departs either three days before or after your original flight, free of charge.

If you paid to reserve seats and want to make any changes, please contact us. Alternatively, you can apply for a refund for your paid seats online.

If you have access needs and have requested additional assistance for your journey, we will make sure your requirements are passed on to Aer Lingus and the airport operator.

If you have made this booking on behalf of someone else or if it includes other travellers, could you please ensure everyone travelling is aware of the changes.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused and hope you have a pleasant flight.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 2:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Just had an email from BA confirming my flight switch to Aer Lingus and stating that complimentary drinks and snacks would be served. It also says you can switch to a flight up-to 3 days either side if not happy.

beaten to it I see. Obviously no Avios comp for economy passengers
Old Feb 9, 2018, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by cosmo74
Just had an email from BA confirming my flight switch to Aer Lingus and stating that complimentary drinks and snacks would be served. It also says you can switch to a flight up-to 3 days either side if not happy.

beaten to it I see. Obviously no Avios comp for economy passengers
I just booked one of these EI operated BA flights (definitely departing from T5) and BA on the return. I incorrectly got the warning from the booking engine (it's the old style one) that my outward flight is from T2 and my return arrives into T5. This could cause some to go to the wrong terminal.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Forget the free F&B, on a 1h15m sector. My question would be ORC, and getting the TPs I need
Old Feb 10, 2018, 7:10 am

Programs: DL FO, BA Bronze, Avis Preferred
I was scheduled to fly on BA830 on the 1st of April, but it was cancelled and an EI flight around the same time took its place. I've now been shifted to another flight four hours later--will have to phone to sort it out.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've flown on one of these EI operated flights. Departed from A4 (bus gate). Food was a chicken Caesar sandwich, no vegetarian option mentioned so not sure if there was one. Beer was Heineken or Tiger and the other drinks seemed to match what we used to get.

There appeared to be some sparkling wine in the drawer where the drinks were. Not sure if it was champagne (I was in a window seat so couldn't see clearly) but it looked different to Castelnau.

No problems getting a second beer later on.

No complaints here from someone who booked Euro Traveller. The letter we were given about the flight said that those who booked Club Europe would receive downgrade compensation as well as an additional goodwill gesture. Anyone (not just Club Europe passengers) were entitled to rebook on a BA operated service if they preferred, I really can't see why anyone flying in ET would want to do so.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 8:35 am

Programs: DL FO, BA Bronze, Avis Preferred
My return flight (BA823) has also been cancelled; I've received an email from BA saying that it was cancelled, and to check MMB to see about alternative flights.
As a non-status customer, I don't want to switch to an EI flight and lose the benefits of flying CE. And just my luck, there's been a schedule change on my connecting VS TATL flight.

This is not a complaint; both schedule changes will actually allow me to have a better itinerary than previously chosen.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 9:34 am

Programs: BA Gold
Have now had this happen to two of my DUB-LHR flights. Drinks are available, but the snack is very hit and miss. Had it once and then didnt the next time. EI crew seemed to struggle to get to grips with bar service. Arriving into LHR T5 always on a remote stand, but no different really to the BA flight and with no immigration to clear it doesnt add that much time to the journey.

Interestingly as a GCH I was booked into 7A (economy ticket) but at 24 hours out they released the seat map and reallocated me to 1A with a blocked middle seat. You still get lounge access in DUB / LHR and remain in the same terminals, with the same boarding procedure as BA not EI.

Not horrendous, and certainly if you want a free G&T an improvement on BA economy!
Old Feb 12, 2018, 11:34 am

Has there been any explanation as to why this us happening?
Old Feb 12, 2018, 11:43 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by AlanA
Has there been any explanation as to why this us happening?
To enable more LGW services to be run, using Monarch's old slots, see post 5.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Stuff the G&T or snacks ... all we care about is the TPs

Give us ORC TPs and we'll fly in [almost] anything for a 1.5h sector.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by barnettn
Have now had this happen to two of my DUB-LHR flights. Drinks are available, but the snack is very hit and miss. Had it once and then didnt the next time. EI crew seemed to struggle to get to grips with bar service. Arriving into LHR T5 always on a remote stand, but no different really to the BA flight and with no immigration to clear it doesnt add that much time to the journey.
Did you get a sandwich or was it the famous individually wrapped crisp or biscuit options?
Old Feb 19, 2018, 4:21 pm

Went on one of these Aer Lingus flights from T5 at the weekend to Dublin. No Aer Lingus bob offered but instead they gave everyone complementary drink. No mention it was complementary and most people were having tea/coffee or water but all normal drinks were available at no charge. Food was a chicken sandwich and egg mayonaise as the other option. Again not mentioned but if asked for food they offered the two options but few took it. More I feel that they were not aware it was being offered as complementary. Into T1 at Dublin as with BA. Lots of mentions that they were Aer Lingus operating the flight on behalf of BA. Short flight but still a nice flight.
Bused at T5.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 7:26 pm

Programs: LH HON, BA LT Gold, AFKL ULTI, WOH Lifetime Globalist, Bonvoy Ambassador
After a 12.30 hrs flight from Haneda I realised only at the gate that my original BA J flight was now an Aer Lingus operated flight, remote stand (my original seat 2A did not change, was not advised at check-in of the operational change).
All Eco seating 3-3. Flight was packed.
"Free drinks" choice was between coffee, tea, water or orange juice. "free food" was an egg sandwich. Catering was loaded by BA and served in BA paper Deli cups.
Also, besides my original ticket being in J bucket, only 20 TP's and ECO Avios.
Overall not great after a long haul flight in F to connect to this.
BA continues its winning race to the bottom
Old Feb 19, 2018, 7:33 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MumbaiDan
After a 12.30 hrs flight from Haneda I realised only at the gate that my original BA J flight was now an Aer Lingus operated flight, remote stand (my original seat 2A did not change, was not advised at check-in of the operational change).
All Eco seating 3-3. Flight was packed.
"Free drinks" choice was between coffee, tea, water or orange juice. "free food" was an egg sandwich. Catering was loaded by BA and served in BA paper Deli cups.
Also, besides my original ticket being in J bucket, only 20 TP's and ECO Avios.
Overall not great after a long haul flight in F to connect to this.
BA continues its winning race to the bottom
Disappointing you didn't receive the same email that ScottEdin noted they got in post 31. It does seem like they are offering 20k avios for those in CE who are affected so it would be worth pursuing that.

I wonder if you may be successful with an ORC claim to get the additional 20 TPs?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.