6 Nations Rugby Travel

Old Jan 29, 2018, 1:57 am

Programs: FB LT Plat, BA LTG, LH HON
For those Rugby loving FT fans, I’m sure you’re all getting excited about the competition which starts on Saturday
But Superleague starts in Warrington on Thursday
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 1:58 am

Originally Posted by MickV
Well this thread will be awkward when Ireland sweep the board...
as a Irish man and former international*, I have a schnaky tenner on Scotland for the triple crown.

* U21 cough
MickV likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 4:40 am

Programs: Exec Club Silver
Doing the BA 7303 from LCY to LIN on Saturday morning.

Returning on IB via MAD on Tuesday. My father wasn't happy when I told him I booked this long-winded flight...
Old Jan 29, 2018, 4:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by Dubh
as a Irish man and former international*, I have a schnaky tenner on Scotland for the triple crown.

* U21 cough
The shame of it: ex-Ireland rugby international bets on Scotland to win triple crown!
Old Jan 29, 2018, 5:03 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
The shame of it: ex-Ireland rugby international bets on Scotland to win triple crown!
Ah but Phil, there is no shortage of delightfully over-optimistic Irish people around. And to keep it vaguely relevant to the forum, this is of course the Emerald aisle....
MickV and Tobias-UK like this.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 5:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Ah but Phil, there is no shortage of delightfully over-optimistic Irish people around. And to keep it vaguely relevant to the forum, this is of course the Emerald aisle....

Dubh would be better served having an each-way bet - to be sure, to be sure.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 5:17 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Dubh

* U21 cough
well you've jinxed it for us now.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 5:35 am

Programs: Mucci, BA, Hilton.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave

We can do even better than that. We can liken the English team to BA. Sometimes excellent but always underwhelming compared to world class opposition.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by MickV
We can do even better than that. We can liken the English team to BA. Sometimes excellent but always underwhelming compared to world class opposition.
What a strange comment for an Irishman to make. England are the only team in Europe who have a track record of delivering against world class oppositoin and at times, defining it.

Scotland should do well this year, Wales, with the injuries they have and the fact their coaching team is stale could really struggle, Ireland will be Ireland, no clue about France and Italy will be crap.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 8:25 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
Great analysis all round. But Ireland will win.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 11:13 am

Programs: BA Silver
The Championship revolves around 3 matches for me:

Wales v Scotland

This will define Scotland’s campaign and momentum. Win and starts to look like it’s on. Lose and it’s not impossible that we’ll only pick up the one or two wins.

Scotland v England

This defines England’s campaign. I can’t see them losing at Twickenham so barring the French doing something, well, gloriously French, this is the game that decides whether it’s a grand slam or not.

England v Ireland

This defines Ireland’s campaign. I think they’ll coming looking for the grand slam. Can’t see it though.

Good chance Scotland, England and Ireland all end up on 4 wins. I’ll be flying BA (see what I did there!) to Rome to see Scotland try to run up the sort of score that brings the trophy back to the home of the 19 year long reigning 5 Nations Champions.

rossmacd, aflan85 and davm666 like this.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 1:05 pm

Programs: BAEC
Have a great time in Rome, I was there last year for Italy v France (work colleague is Italian) and had a great time. I did think about going to England v Italy this year but not first week in February, rather go in March like last year where it was warm and sunny.

#swinglowsweetchariot
Old Jan 29, 2018, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by lighting
What a strange comment for an Irishman to make. England are the only team in Europe who have a track record of delivering against world class oppositoin and at times, defining it.
On the basis we’re still hearing about 1966 I presume we’ve another 40 years of reliving 2003?

I think it will come down to the final round yet again and England being at home may prove decisive.

To keep it on topic I’ll be flying from Dublin-Paris via London on BA on Fri.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by ajrblakey
Doing the BA 7303 from LCY to LIN on Saturday morning.

Returning on IB via MAD on Tuesday. My father wasn't happy when I told him I booked this long-winded flight...
I'm returning FCO-MAD-ALC-EXT (IB, IB, BE). Not really a TP run but will be getting 3 of my 4 qualifying flights including the outbound as well!
Old Jan 30, 2018, 1:29 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, Flying Blue, Miles & More, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
Originally Posted by Scots_Al
The Championship revolves around 3 matches for me:
I’ll be flying BA (see what I did there!) to Rome to see Scotland try to run up the sort of score that brings the trophy back to the home of the 19 year long reigning 5 Nations Champions.
See you there. Or maybe not, as I am booked on AZ
Scots_Al and rapidex like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.