BAEC Silver & Iberia Express

Old Jan 28, 18, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
BAEC Silver & Iberia Express

I am pretty sure this has been answered before but I can not find an answer.

I have BAEC Silver and have a flight booked on Iberia Express via the Iberia Express website. Unfortunately I have 3 questions to ask!

Will I get the same benefits I have using BAEC on Iberia Express such as fast track, lounges and priority boarding? I have attempted to add my BAEC membership number on the booking but it keeps removing itself? Will it be a case of doing this at check-in at the airport?

Additionally, will I get tier points/avios for this flight. The flight numbers are I23715 and I23718. I see a page on the BA website I am about only 20 flights away from keeping my silver for another year (sadly will not do it via tier points so gotta hit the 50 flight mark!).

Finally, I have noticed via FR24 that this flight goes into T4 at Madrid. Is it possible to visit the lounge in T4S and go back to T4?

Thanks! This site has a wealth of knowledge but the above has stumped me!
Old Jan 28, 18, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by makeitthisfar View Post

I have BAEC Silver and have a flight booked on Iberia Express via the Iberia Express website. Unfortunately I have 3 questions to ask!

Will I get the same benefits I have using BAEC on Iberia Express such as fast track, lounges and priority boarding? I have attempted to add my BAEC membership number on the booking but it keeps removing itself? Will it be a case of doing this at check-in at the airport?

Additionally, will I get tier points/avios for this flight. The flight numbers are I23715 and I23718. I see a page on the BA website I am about only 20 flights away from keeping my silver for another year (sadly will not do it via tier points so gotta hit the 50 flight mark!).

Finally, I have noticed via FR24 that this flight goes into T4 at Madrid. Is it possible to visit the lounge in T4S and go back to T4?

1) Yes, you get all the usual goodies. IBX is an OW affiliate.

2) Not so sure about TP and Avios. I remember that IBX flights under IBX tickets do NOT get credited outside IB program.

3) No, you can't. MAD-LGW departs from H gates in T4 and you'll need to use the T4 Lounge.
Old Jan 28, 18, 12:11 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
There is a significant difference in this thread, but I post a link for completeness. The queries in this thread related to IB Express but booked via Iberia mainline.

Do IB codeshares operated by IB Express metal qualify for the 4 BA flights for Gold?

As ever, it's good to get updated reports!
Old Jan 28, 18, 12:20 pm

Programs: BAEC
If Iím not mistaken you should receive TPíS/avios but a reduced amount of avios, providing you attach your BAEC number. It will work but IB system is quite clunky and slow to update!
Old Jan 28, 18, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Many thanks schrodingerdog, corporate-wage-slave and rockflyertalk for the replies.

Very useful information.

Thanks again!
Old Jan 29, 18, 1:37 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles Titanium.
Pretty sure I have booked I2 flights on the I2 website, and had lounge access, priority boarding, with Tier Points.

Iím damn sure I would have remembered if I didnít!
Im Silver too and need every TP I can get!
Old Aug 15, 18, 10:38 am

Programs: BA EC
About Iberia Express

Originally Posted by makeitthisfar View Post

hello I have some question on your Iberia express experience.
do you enjoy advance seat selection?
do you have extra free baggage?
Thanks

Search this Thread
Search Engine: