Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alex Cruz interview - Mail on Sunday

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2018, 1:41 pm

Programs: KLM Flying Blue Platinum for Life.. BA Gold , oh and some other shiny bits of plastic ...
Originally Posted by South London Bon Viveur
"There are very few plane seats left in Europe where you still get free food"

I don't think AF, KL, LH, OS, LX to name the obvious ones that sprint to mind, collectively amount to "very few". He also conveniently omits the words "and drink".
AND .. SAS , free tea coffee water , cityflyer (free drinks like BA used to be... oh hang on a second .. )
Old Jan 29, 2018, 2:11 pm

Programs: KLM Flying Blue Platinum for Life.. BA Gold , oh and some other shiny bits of plastic ...

Free drinks ( tea and coffee water .. some others more ) BLUE ... No free drinks ( apart from tank water in BAs case ) RED ( Short Haul flights ... )
Old Jan 29, 2018, 2:19 pm
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
Not sure what the criteria for RED is on that map. Brussels Airlines (Belgium) also offer complimentary snacks and drinks on short haul services with their Flex&Fast fare, and if we're classing Easyjet as UK that also offers a voucher towards items from the BoB menu in some cases.
florens likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by V10
Not sure what the criteria for RED is on that map. Brussels Airlines (Belgium) also offer complimentary snacks and drinks on short haul services with their Flex&Fast fare, and if we're classing Easyjet as UK that also offers a voucher towards items from the BoB menu in some cases.
I thought that Brussels airlines were BOB in Y this is not about higher fare classes .. the UK in red was BA related ... EZ in Y is BOB

RED = no free coffee or drinks in basic Y ( apart from potable water with BA, IF they ever get chance to serve it and who would drink it in reality )
Blue = free tea , coffee , bottled water ( not out of an aircraft tank ) and other drinks .. some free soft drinks , some free alcoholic drinks .. better?
Old Jan 29, 2018, 10:24 pm

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by psollitt
I thought that Brussels airlines were BOB in Y this is not about higher fare classes .. the UK in red was BA related ... EZ in Y is BOB

RED = no free coffee or drinks in basic Y ( apart from potable water with BA, IF they ever get chance to serve it and who would drink it in reality )
Blue = free tea , coffee , bottled water ( not out of an aircraft tank ) and other drinks .. some free soft drinks , some free alcoholic drinks .. better?
Alitalia still has some free stuff in Y shorthaul so that can be removed from the map. The UK, Ireland and Spain become lonely, oh wait they are IAG bases .
Old Jan 29, 2018, 11:32 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
IMO this map is misleading and doesn‘t say much.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 1:27 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador

Free drinks ( tea and coffee water .. some others more ) BLUE ... No free drinks ( apart from tank water in BAs case ) RED ( Short Haul flights ... )
From my own experience you still get a free drink and a snack in Y on LOT (Poland) and Alitalia (Italy) services...
Old Jan 30, 2018, 1:41 am

Originally Posted by florens
IMO this map is misleading and doesn‘t say much.
I think it is an interesting basic illustration of what the legacy carriers currently do (subject to corrections re Italy ad Poland noted by others).

Of course it does overlook the fact that on a large proportion of city pairs throughout Europe, an LCC - easyJet, Ryanair or Wizz - is the largest (or only) operator and they do not offer free food or drinks on standard fares.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 1:41 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
On Mumsnet, the often invite various people to do live webchats (where they often get asked what sort of biscuit is their favourite) we should invite Cruzis to come and do a a webchat on FT.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 1:57 am

fixed
FlyerTalker688786 likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 1:59 am

Programs: Junior Jet Club, Nando's Card 1 Red Chilli, Tesco Clubcard, BAEC Gold, TK M&S Elite
Originally Posted by Worcester
On Mumsnet, the often invite various people to do live webchats (where they often get asked what sort of biscuit is their favourite) we should invite Cruzis to come and do a a webchat on FT.
Considering the number of Golds on here, I'd say a considerable amount of income is generated from FT members. Let's ask... I'd like to know what he dunks in his tea too. Perhaps custard creams made with the tears of the BA DB pension scheme members.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 2:40 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
He should do Mumsnet first. If he can survive that seething nest of vipers, fawning over a few golds will be a walk in the park in comparison.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 7:23 am

Programs: BAEC
I am really struggling to understand what the obsession is with BA becoming or to most extent become, a LCC in Y short haul? We already have 2 very large well covered, very good at being a LCCs Ryanair and easyJet plus the rest.

Why continue to become another one? It doesn’t match the brand, the damage is already happening to the BA image as we can see from their recent media coverage and the apologies/confessions from Cruz, it will only damage it further and alienate its customers (post SH densification) as obviously demonstrated from the commentary on the internet not just FT in the past 12 months.

Is it not time that we had a full inclusive service, fairly comfortable, enjoyable airline? I’m not suggesting all the bells and whistles for free and costly fares but there must be a middle ground?! Not all pax are price sensitive and want a fare at sub £50 for below basic A to B transport that squashes you in like cattle transport. That’s what FR and U2 supply or at least used too. Why not be different BA?! (Rhetorical question).

And breathe...I need to stop reading about BA online! Sorry to keep playing a broken record but I do like BA, I just wish they saw a different light :/
FlyerTalker688786 and T8191 like this.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
Is it not time that we had a full inclusive service, fairly comfortable, enjoyable airline? I’m not suggesting all the bells and whistles for free and costly fares but there must be a middle ground?! Not all pax are price sensitive and want a fare at sub £50 for below basic A to B transport that squashes you in like cattle transport. That’s what FR and U2 supply or at least used too. Why not be different BA?! (Rhetorical question).
I offer you four letters: MRTC.

That is not to say that the balance is currently right, or that BA may not have overshot. But when asking those questions, you must always remember those four letters.
NickB and rossmacd like this.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 7:49 am
Suspended

fixed
Thank you for your hard work!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.