Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

LGW 777 Club World - are these First seats? (Urgent!)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LGW 777 Club World - are these First seats? (Urgent!)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2018, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I can see that there were 40 in CW so 8 spare seats so the First cabin should not have been opened, I bet the crew weren’t impressed!
Old Jan 27, 2018, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Our last FLub ‘experience’ led to c. 10 empty seats in J, which enabled us to move to better ones than we had been re-allocated after the equipment change.

One day, we will experience FLub, but I’ve stopped holding my breath
Old Jan 27, 2018, 1:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Can I help you
I can see that there were 40 in CW so 8 spare seats so the First cabin should not have been opened, I bet the crew weren’t impressed!
why would the crew care? Presumably if there are extra J pax then there would be extra crew?

As a general matter I still find this policy on BA to be absolutely absurd. The idea that the F cabin should fly empty while a sub standard J cabin is packed to the gills is ludicrous. Especially given that much of the competition’s J hard product Is closer to BA F than J.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As this was a long range flight without bunks or proper rest area the crew would have been able to take there rest there.
No we don’t get any extra crew.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 2:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
As this was a long range flight without bunks or proper rest area the crew would have been able to take there rest there.
No we don’t get any extra crew.
So if the flight had 62 J pax they would not have extra crew over the normal complement for a load of 48???

As for the crew, The crew wouldn’t normally have such accommodation/ so while I can understand the disappointment, it’s not really reasonable.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So again no extra crew, the crew would be disappointed but know it’s a benefit not a expectation.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

No need to apologise at all! Sorry for the short/rude answer, just wanted to update you briefly from my phone...

I ended up in 10J as planned - fairly shocked by the experience I have to say, first Business flight with BA after a lot of Qatar and Cathay. I had a brief look into the First cabin and was reminded of all my previous Business flights with other airlines... Quite a few other things that annoyed me (tray table at a massive slope, food served in plastic wrappers, footrest broken, entertainment system from the 90s, etc.), but I guess that's just the combination of a super old plane and the being used to better airlines.

Well I got there in the end - and will enjoy my holiday now!

Thanks for all the advice

Old Jan 28, 2018, 12:40 am
Suspended

So again no extra crew, the crew would be disappointed but know it’s a benefit not a expectation.
Wow. I find it shocking/and absurd from both a passenger and crew point of view that 16 J seats can be added without an extra crew. Seems polar opposite to the absurd union position that forces BA to deny a seat to the 16th person in a four row CE cabin unless an additional crew member can be added
Old Jan 28, 2018, 2:15 am

Originally Posted by sts603

Wow. I find it shocking/and absurd from both a passenger and crew point of view that 16 J seats can be added without an extra crew. Seems polar opposite to the absurd union position that forces BA to deny a seat to the 16th person in a four row CE cabin unless an additional crew member can be added
They haven't added 16 J seats though, there are 48J seats available, and instead of filling the CW cabin they opened the F cabin. For all intents and purposes it was a full CW load. Even if there was no one booked in F there would still be 3 crew assigned to work in the F cabin (door coverage, looking after flight crew etc) then the 'spare' F crew would go and help in Club/Trav etc. Club would have 3 crew (+ CSM/CSD) anyway as normal. Opening the F cabin just means we have to take our breaks on jumpseats at the doors....
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Incorrect MFMainCrew it’s a 3 class route with 10 crew and no extra crew are rostered if the First cabin is opened up.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 1:43 pm

Incorrect MFMainCrew it’s a 3 class route with 10 crew and no extra crew are rostered if the First cabin is opened up.
Apologies, didn't realize it was a 3 class route
Old Jan 28, 2018, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MFMainCrew

Apologies, didn't realize it was a 3 class route
No need to apologise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.