Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Club Europe - AWFUL

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2018, 6:09 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by stevie
Club Europe is not something I would pay for in avios or cash. Short haul for me is getting from A to B as efficiently as possible.
Anybody that is expecting a wonderful experience should lower their expectations in Europe across most airlines actually.
Only advantage would be lounge access, if no status.
Outside of FT, i.e the majority, most have to endure at least 2 hours either side of a flight, give or take, plus the flight time, let’s say for arguments sake 2hrs flight time, so all in all 6hrs trip. Now I wouldn’t call a 6 trip efficient! Therefore you can see why the appeal of CE works for some. My parents certainly enjoy the empty middle seat and Row 1 if they can bag it. Sip on champagne, enjoy a nice meal (no real complaints so far), great service ex LGW and keep up their TPs for Silver.

Short haul, (without know-how & status) is not as quick or efficient as it seems for most. Some journeys to London airports are longer than the flight times in Europe.

But yes each to their own in what value it brings I’m certainly looking forward to hearing what improvements/relaunch CE catering gets in April.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 6:28 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by louie-m
Why is it different? It's a meal specifically ordered for a passenger. I fail to see why it makes a difference what that particular meal consists of.
Well, thinking through the logistics of book the cook requests, I'd imagine they work along the lines as preorder meal requests - standard meal components are loaded then assembled by the crew in the galley at chow time. While I'm sure with a bit of imagination, the crew can assemble a simple lacto-ovo dish using the standard components available they cannot guarantee it'll meet the dietary description. Then of course when we consider Kosher and Muslim special meals the distinction becomes all the more obvious.

So to echo the points made up thread,
Originally Posted by ajamieson
There's not an airline in the sky that will guarantee your special meal in the event of a misconnection.
LTN Phobia and JAXBA like this.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 6:34 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by subject2load
Perhaps you feel that BA show great competence & efficiency in handling such issues.
Nope. In that respect you are absolutely correct; the system for booking special meals is inefficient and antiquated. Ideally there would be a better system.

So, random occurrences and 'book the cook' instances aside (and full credit to SQ for arranging that), why has no airline, or IATA, decided that it should be done differently yet? I have absolutely no idea.

What I do know, is that with the current system, a hard 24hrs are required. I don't agree with it but que sera sera.

I'm not defending the system; I'm explaining the current reality. By all means lobby for change; I doubt anyone prefers the current system.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by JAXBA
Nope. In that respect you are absolutely correct; the system for booking special meals is inefficient and antiquated. Ideally there would be a better system.

So, random occurrences and 'book the cook' instances aside (and full credit to SQ for arranging that), why has no airline, or IATA, decided that it should be done differently yet? I have absolutely no idea.

What I do know, is that with the current system, a hard 24hrs are required. I don't agree with it but que sera sera.

I'm not defending the system; I'm explaining the current reality. By all means lobby for change; I doubt anyone prefers the current system.
Indeed, and I doubt for the few people affected there is much appetite to invest in changing it. It is at the end of the day public transport.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 8:54 am
amt

Programs: BA GGL & CCR
No big deal, this person should have known what to expect from Club Europe ‘business class’ and how BA treats misconnecting premium passengers.

Just one more person out in the world telling everyone they know to fly anyone but BA, why should they care? That’s what that email we all received at Christmas stated... Right?
Old Jan 25, 2018, 9:03 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Trust us that you would have been even angrier if you'd gotten one of the newer planes. Think of the non-MCE part of Economy on AA short-haul, but then reduce legroom and then make the seats less comfortable. Welcome to modern CE. As others have said though, that is what is in the market in Europe (unless you can fly Air Serbia).
Slightly OT but even Air Serbia has now gone to european business, no more 2x2.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 9:15 am

Programs: BA Gold
Maybe if we all but Pro-BA or Anti-BA in our profiles we can save the Internet from death by a thousand tedious threads.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by ajamieson
There's not an airline in the sky that will guarantee your special meal in the event of a misconnection.

You should share this wisdom with some BA staff members at its hub.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 9:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by dougzz
Maybe if we all but Pro-BA or Anti-BA in our profiles we can save the Internet from death by a thousand tedious threads.
Done.
rockflyertalk and dougzz like this.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by louie-m
Why is it different? It's a meal specifically ordered for a passenger. I fail to see why it makes a difference what that particular meal consists of.
You pay extra for book the cook, whereas a CE meal is "complimentary"
Old Jan 25, 2018, 9:33 am

Programs: BAEC
What about ‘fence’ sitters?
Old Jan 25, 2018, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by rockflyertalk

They get a sore derriere.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 9:49 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk

That'll get you nothing but painful splinters........
Edit: Beaten by Rapidex.
JAXBA and rockflyertalk like this.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 9:56 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
That'll get you nothing but painful splinters........
Edit: Beaten by Rapidex.
So fence sitters should bring their cushions ?
Old Jan 25, 2018, 10:26 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by HMPS
So fence sitters should bring their cushions ?
Now if BA would provide a properly cushioned seat with the price of the ticket...
JAXBA likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.