Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Club Europe - AWFUL

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2018, 2:37 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JAXBA
I wonder if the secret is one's attitude?
I'm starting to think so. I find BA crew to be brilliant.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Sealink

I'm starting to think so. I find BA crew to be brilliant.
Like almost every walk of life, some are great and some are terrible, and others are in between the two extremes.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 2:43 pm
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
Originally Posted by JAXBA
I wonder if the secret is one's attitude?
Whilst it can help a lot with how one might deal with things when in the hole, it's not always a factor in explaining why the hole is there in the first place.
710 77345, JAXBA and roy2016 like this.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 2:49 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by simons1
I would describe that as first world problems. Many people in the working day go 4 hours without food. OK so there may be some added time at each end but there are also lounges for business class passengers.
I'm sure OP goes 4 hours in the working day without food too. But after paying for a business class ticket, and getting off a longhaul, I would also be pretty angry if I had dietary needs and my meal didn't make it. There's a difference between a regular day, and an expensive trip, even without your sarcasm.

Annoying I can imagine but hardly the end of the world and if you are saying the OP should expect compensation for that then apart from a handful of Avios I'm afraid you are out of touch with reality.
I agree that he was due a handful of Avios, and think it was pretty awful of BA to offer nothing for the inconvenience.
Genius1, rockflyertalk and roy2016 like this.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by hugolover
My Grindr friend lives in the peaceful Cumbrian countryside and complains these 767s are far too loud. Whenever he can hear a jet wailing overhead it’s the 767 SHT.
Eh?!
Old Jan 24, 2018, 3:51 pm

Programs: GGL
Originally Posted by V10
Whilst it can help a lot with how one might deal with things when in the hole, it's not always a factor in explaining why the hole is there in the first place.
Granted, but perhaps it can also affect your perception as to the depth of the hole.
JAXBA likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 3:56 pm

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue

How is it that in umpteen flights I have had excellent service, plentiful drinks and edible food in CE, yet according to FT it never happens that way?
Me too, never experienced anything other than great crews in CE. Food on a longer band flight (verona - LGW) is easily the best meal I’ve had in any business class any airline, short or long haul too
Old Jan 24, 2018, 4:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold

How is it that in umpteen flights I have had excellent service, plentiful drinks and edible food in CE, yet according to FT it never happens that way?
I guess the only conceivable explanation must be that any grievances (including many from very experienced flyers on BA and countless other carriers) you read here on FT about CE standards / service levels are in fact based wholly on myth and fervent imagination.

The truth is that bad things never actually happen. At least ..... not in BA fandom-world
Old Jan 24, 2018, 4:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Mixbury
Granted, but perhaps it can also affect your perception as to the depth of the hole.
And if it is round when it ought to be be square.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 7:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by seanp7
I actually fly NYC to LAX (1 night in LA) to catch LAX-FRA-MAD when I do LH F. The NYC-FRA sector is just too short to enjoy, so I Go West To Go East
Well said that man! I used to Go East To Go West: QR J CAI DOH LHR (1 night in DOH), as opposed to BA CW CAI LHR. Most here just didn’t get it and questioned my sanity. It was, a) cheaper, b) on a far superior airline, c) on way better aircraft and, d) earned 50% more TPs - thereby ensuring I never had to waste time and money on TP runs to maintain status.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 8:37 pm

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by ajamieson
There's not an airline in the sky that will guarantee your special meal in the event of a misconnection.
My niece and her husband managed to miss their business class Singapore Airlines flight as they were under the misapprehension that they were 24 hours later than they actually were. Not only did Singapore rebook them without charge when they did finally get to the airport, they sat them in their original bulkhead seats and provided them with their "Book the Cook" meals (lobster as I recall). It can be done if the airline has a service ethos.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 10:24 pm

Programs: RFC
Originally Posted by hakadaddy
The issue of delay is separate from the horrific experience on the 763 flight.
I think you misunderstand what the word "horrific" means.

You misconnected. You didn't like the plane you subsequently flew. You didn't get a meal you requested for a 4-5 hour flight. You will be getting 1200-1800 euros in compensation - assuming there were 2-3 ppl in yr travel party.

How does 1200+ euros not reasonably compensate you for a plane you didn't like and one person not eating for ~5 hours? Honestly, where's the "horror"? I doubt you would be satisfied regardless of what BA did/do in response.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 10:33 pm

Programs: IHG Spire | Marriott Plat | UA Plat | AA Plat Pro
While it is disappointing to move from a flight operated by a 747 to a EU short-haul operated by smaller planes, BA already provided you what they needed to which is re-booking to the next available flight and delay compensation.

The only thing I would have had issue with is if I had not been a frequent flyer and did not know my special meal would not be loaded to the re-booked flight. Given that I would have had 5 hours in the lounge, I would have eaten by then and it wouldn't have been that big an issue. But can appreciate it if the person who missed their meal has a medical condition like diabetes that requires them to have regular meal timing.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by seanp7
Living in the US, I find intra-EU biz flights better in all ways but the seat - and if you fly LH/LX/A3 etc, the planes are new, middle seat blocked, and perfectly fine for 30 min to 3.5hr flights.
No different to BA's CE. In fact I think BA's seats are better than LH's.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 11:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH FTL, KL/AF Ivory
The one thing I really have sympathy for is BA's incompetence with respect to meals. Meals have to be ordered 30 hours in advance, when in reality they're not much more than pre-packaged fast-food which any fast-food chain could put together within a couple of minutes. It's even more inexcusable when BA can't be bothered to load CE meals for last-minute passengers, for example misconnects which BA have themselves re-booked. The poor misconnect has to hope that some other passenger is going to decline the food and that he/she gets the leftovers. Pretty pathetic from my perspective. I've always been offered food in CE equivalents on AF, LH, LX all of which I fly frequently, even in the case of misconnects. Somehow they just get their act together.
That being said, if you had 5 hours in T5 and 600€ compensation in your hand, there was plenty of opportunity to catch up in the T5 eateries or lounges, all of which would have been better and provided more choice than what's served on the plane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.