Bad weather at lhr today (24 January)?

Old Jan 24, 2018, 9:02 am

Programs: GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by Diver Boy
AY1332 just landed at HEL 2 hours late, combination of heavy snow in HEL delaying the inbound and restrictions at LHR adding to the I itial delay.

just as well I allowed a decent length for my connection to OSL.
You connecting onto 917?

Was in 1L and now in the Schengen lounge by G22 as premium looked rammed!
Old Jan 24, 2018, 9:15 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH D, QFF, EB
Originally Posted by teledude
You connecting onto 917?

Was in 1L and now in the Schengen lounge by G22 as premium looked rammed!
Yep, connecting onto 917, I was in 2A, currently in lounge by G22 as it is quiet. I'm in the little corridor to left of reception
Old Jan 24, 2018, 10:31 am

Programs: BA (LTG), Miles&More (whatever the lowest level is), Oyster card (zones 1-2)
My GVA got away about an hour late. There were about five cancellations I noticed on the boards today, a Milan, a Copenhagen, a Stockholm, and an Edinburgh are ones I recall.

They switched runways as usual at 3pm. I know, because we were taxiing out to 27L and then made a switch by the hangers across to 27R. We were about fifth off from 27R.

Incidentally, when calculating the crosswind component is it the expected wind speeds that matter, or the gusts?
Old Jan 24, 2018, 10:45 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
The wind was buffeting our windows enough to keep me awake from about 3am. I spent part of the time wondering if my 8am LHR-EDI would fly or if I should head in to try and join the 6.20am. After finally rising at 6am I checked flight status expecting to see a cancellation or two already in on the route due to the 40MPH winds that BBC was forecasting until 10am., but none to be seen at that time and looking at overall ops now I'm surprised it didn't have more of an impact. I'll try and get a bit more sleep next time .

It was a slightly wobblier flight that normal at each end, and some turbulance bad enough to halt my tea consumption for a while .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.