Porters at T5

Old May 21, 2024, 9:56 pm

Programs: Alaskans fly everywhere on any aircraft going there!
I refuse to let things like trying to move bags from the pavement into the First check in deter me from travel. Elder years and a diabolical back mean that I hire services and/or use complimentary services any time I can because I intend to keep on travelin' !
Old May 21, 2024, 10:59 pm

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Passed that point in life now, but when we had small kids, and the logistics of moving all the cases, bags with no wheels, pushchair etc and trying to keep said children from running around, I would gladly pay for a porter.

Oh, just remembered, I was too cheap and would use said children and wife as positional guards while I self moved bags.....backwards and forwards. Then I would complain that I got "all sweaty..."

Think I spent the GBP 30 on beer....

KF
Old May 22, 2024, 1:27 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
No experience of LHR, but once was offered (hassled really) a porter at UVF when first went there. Politely declined, which turned out to be a good decision, since it was about 18 steps from where the porter was to our taxi pick up point. YMMV.
Old May 22, 2024, 5:48 am

Programs: BAEC
Funny the things you don't notice - in all these years I'd never known there were paid porters at T5...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.