BA sponsorship pitch

Old Jan 24, 18, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
very good points, thanks for your suggestions. I've already done the legwork on our ticketing systems, and the technical element of recording avios collection and submiting to exec club for posting is already existing - just not using it yet.

I especially like your idea of pop up performances around T5. My thinking with the in-lounge recitals were to focus on the outdoor(ish) terrace areas of the CCR, FL and Galleries North - with the glass wall so that those who don't wish to listen don't have to.

thanks!
Old Jan 24, 18, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
a big thank you to everyone that has contributed so far - some great ideas from the most frequent flyers I know.

Further suggestions more than welcome...
Old Jan 24, 18, 1:31 pm

Programs: Former BA/AA/CP/LY employee, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by flatlander View Post
I've had as much as I need of the Flower Duet.
Personally, that's like saying you've had enough of Rule Britannia, or stirring bagpipe music! Blasphemy!

Each to their own I suppose.
Old Jan 24, 18, 1:36 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Do come back and tell us how it went
Old Jan 24, 18, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by JAXBA View Post
Originally Posted by awtgiven View Post
I promise you'll only hear the Flower Duet on rare occasions
Personally, that's like saying you've had enough of Rule Britannia, or stirring bagpipe music! Blasphemy!
Slightly OT, but I was once sitting within earshot of a guy who was audibly humming along to the introduction music to the old (cartoon) safety video. I knew that he had to have been both musical and in frequent contact with BA, because he was humming the mezzo line.

I thought I was the only person who did that.
Old Jan 24, 18, 3:29 pm

Programs: Former BA/AA/CP/LY employee, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Globaliser View Post
Slightly OT, but I was once sitting within earshot of a guy who was audibly humming along to the introduction music to the old (cartoon) safety video. I knew that he had to have been both musical and in frequent contact with BA, because he was humming the mezzo line.

I thought I was the only person who did that.
I did that too!

And, not only the cartoon version but the video from the 90s too, the one that began with a five note jingle before "We will now explain the…"

I was probably about 14 when they last played that onboard, but I can still hum it!
Old Jan 25, 18, 3:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
While I wish you the best of luck, I feel as if you’ve chosen a bit of a strange time to align yourselves with BA, given their recent (and very public) F-you attitude towards people travelling with instruments. As in, violinists, brass players, guitarists and so on no longer being allowed to store their instruments in overhead lockers or closets on BA aircraft, compounded with stories like the string quartet whose instruments were lost by BA, then found and couriered to two incorrect addresses, and the cellist who was denied boarding to the USA because BA refused to check in her cello because it didn’t have a visa to enter the US.

If this is your orchestra’s carrier of choice then, like I said, best of luck.
Old Jan 25, 18, 3:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
deleted

Last edited by armouredant; Jan 25, 18 at 3:33 am Reason: double post
Old Jan 25, 18, 3:39 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Originally Posted by JAXBA View Post

Each to their own I suppose.
Rule Britannia can go back on the shelf for a decade or two, but bagpipes are always good. As long as it's these bagpipes:

Old Jan 25, 18, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold; BA Rust
Originally Posted by awtgiven View Post
  • bringing our musicians into lounges for intimate recitals
Wouldn't the terminal itself be a more appropriate setting for a musical performance, though?

That way, everyone can "enjoy" it
JAXBA and armouredant like this.

Search this Thread