Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serial Stowaway flies ORD-LHR

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2018, 3:17 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by Prospero
and Mrs. Ada Quonsett
Exactly my first thought when I read the OP

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
On long-haul yes; on short-haul no.
Though even on long haul, it's primarily to tell people which aisle to use to reach their seat (or identify F pax) rather than a security check.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 3:25 am

Programs: BA Silver
Did she manage to blag 1A as well?
Old Jan 20, 2018, 3:32 am

The boarding pass check on boarding is the one I understand most.

A concerned searching of pockets and a 'it's alright - I know where I'm going' would probably get you past.

It's the security checkpoint (given the TSA do their passport+bp check prior to entry) and the gate (same thing) that worry me.

Those guys must have been heads down and she just chose her moment to duck past.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 4:16 am

The article mentions she couldn’t produce a passport when she arrived at Heathrow but she must have had one (fake or otherwise) when she boarded, surely
No, my reading of it is that she had no passport at all, simply lingered airside (possibly for hours) looking for a nice opportunity and just sneaked past the gate check entirely.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 4:17 am

TSA should hire this woman for testing security procedures!
BlueThroughCrimp likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 4:38 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by MPH1980
A concerned searching of pockets and a 'it's alright - I know where I'm going' would probably get you past.
Or having any reasonable looking boarding pass maybe? If she went to the trouble of faking one rather than using a discarded one that might be an interesting twist re fraud over opportunistic adventure.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 4:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Was anyone on this flight who could remember back?
Old Jan 20, 2018, 4:50 am

Programs: LH M+M
PAX counting is no longer?
Old Jan 20, 2018, 5:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by PAX_fips
PAX counting is no longer?
Very rare on long-haul.

I'm not sure whether cabin crew SOP is to check every toilet as part of securing the cabin, to make sure that there's nobody hiding in them who shouldn't be.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 5:50 am

Programs: Meh
I for one am impressed with her boldness.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 6:02 am

Having seen the videos from the beginning she knew exactly what she was doing. To me there's ZERO mental health issues at play. This is a game/challenge to her and she's been very good at winning.
chgoeditor likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by GLA
I seem to recall Kevin McCallister did this at ORD a few years ago.
Yes, he did. He took wrong flight, but he's actually flew to LGA. He didn't fly to Miami with his entire family.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
No, my reading of it is that she had no passport at all, simply lingered airside (possibly for hours)...
She had no passport. Security camera review shows she somehow got through security at a domestic terminal checkpoint, then roamed the airside concourses for as long as two days without being challenged, then took an airside shuttle to international Terminal 5, where you are deposited post-security and can stroll to any departure gate.

Indeed I'm almost surprised she didn't make it, given she's clearly quite adept at this sneaking business... A big embarrassment for the TSA, BA's GHAs at the gate, and the BA crew checking BPs at the door, all of whom failed to do their job properly.
She has succeeded at stowing away without a ticket on US domestic services up to 10 or 11 times in the past decade, by her own admission. During prior arrests she has calmly blamed TSA and airline personnel for operating in such a way as to enable her. She does not seem to me to be mentally off -- just wily and persistent.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Very rare on long-haul.

I'm not sure whether cabin crew SOP is to check every toilet as part of securing the cabin, to make sure that there's nobody hiding in them who shouldn't be.
No, they didn't search in the lavatory when the aircraft is secured. They were supposed to check lavatory before they departed flight.

Originally Posted by HawaiiO
TSA should hire this woman for testing security procedures!
Unfortunately not, she won't get a job with the TSA. She still has a criminal background. She got too many problems. She went to my PHX airports last 4 years ago and they never told news media about her sentenced while she in Maricopa County Jail.

I suppose they might feel somewhat vindicated since Mrs Hartman managed to foil everyone at ORD. It must have taken some cunning to get past BA's gate agents at ORD as boarding passes are cross checked with passports.

The article mentions she couldn’t produce a passport when she arrived at Heathrow but she must have had one (fake or otherwise) when she boarded, surely
Precisely! She managed to sneak at TSA checkpoints without passport & tickets and then she sneaks onto plane without tickets. Because of this, she was banned ORD, MDW, Greyhound, and Amtrak, as well. She had too many trespassed warnings. She didn't listen from the judge. She didn't wear an electronic ankle monitoring bracelet. That's why she got arrested again by the last 2 years ago. She went to ORD property.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 11:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
So what has happened to the three strikes and you’re out policy in the USA? Surely she should have been locked up for good by now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.