ComAir Club Seats With A Baby

Old Jan 19, 18, 11:11 am
Original Poster

ComAir Club Seats With A Baby

Hello everyone,

Can anyone who has flown with Comair help out? I'm doing JNB to CPT with my wife and 10 week old baby in Club. Aware they don't have a bassinet position so was wondering if anyone can advise on the best seating option. The seat plan is a bit odd with a 2-3 layout. If it were Club Europe then we could easily lie the baby out during the flight on the empty middle seat but it looks like that layout isn't on these flights. So any advice on the best seats to pick, do let me know.

Thanks
Old Jan 19, 18, 11:18 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Emirates Skywards Plat , SAA Voyager Silver.
Originally Posted by mediamonkey View Post
Hello everyone,

Can anyone who has flown with Comair help out? I'm doing JNB to CPT with my wife and 10 week old baby in Club. Aware they don't have a bassinet position so was wondering if anyone can advise on the best seating option. The seat plan is a bit odd with a 2-3 layout. If it were Club Europe then we could easily lie the baby out during the flight on the empty middle seat but it looks like that layout isn't on these flights. So any advice on the best seats to pick, do let me know.

Thanks
Mmm never seen a bassinet in club , I'm flying tomorrow will ask the crew tomorrow about the arrangement. Is the seating map showing 2-2 or 2-3 for club , if 2-3 then go for the 3 seater row as if your flight is not busy then comair usually proactively go ahead and block all middle seats in the 3 seater rows thus allowing you to utilise this for your baby ...

When you flying out of interest ?
Old Jan 19, 18, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flame3601 View Post
Mmm never seen a bassinet in club , I'm flying tomorrow will ask the crew tomorrow about the arrangement. Is the seating map showing 2-2 or 2-3 for club , if 2-3 then go for the 3 seater row as if your flight is not busy then comair usually proactively go ahead and block all middle seats in the 3 seater rows thus allowing you to utilise this for your baby ...

When you flying out of interest ?
Thanks so much Flame, really appreciate it. Flying on 30th Jan. At the moment it's showing 2-3 for club so we've gone for the 2's. But my thought was perhaps they'll move us to a 3 and block the middle if the flight isn't that busy. At the moment it's allowing me to select the middle seat on the 3 so I'm avoiding it.

Would really appreciate you asking the crew and reporting back. Also do you know how tight they are on hand luggage. We'll probably have 2 wheelie cases, a small laptop rucksack and a push-chair that collapses to fit in the over-heads bins and is designed for that. Think they'll let me fly with it all or will they make me gate check something?
Old Jan 19, 18, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This thread might be helpful:
Comair business vs ecomomy
Old Jan 19, 18, 11:34 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Emirates Skywards Plat , SAA Voyager Silver.
Originally Posted by mediamonkey View Post
Thanks so much Flame, really appreciate it. Flying on 30th Jan. At the moment it's showing 2-3 for club so we've gone for the 2's. But my thought was perhaps they'll move us to a 3 and block the middle if the flight isn't that busy. At the moment it's allowing me to select the middle seat on the 3 so I'm avoiding it.

Would really appreciate you asking the crew and reporting back. Also do you know how tight they are on hand luggage. We'll probably have 2 wheelie cases, a small laptop rucksack and a push-chair that collapses to fit in the over-heads bins and is designed for that. Think they'll let me fly with it all or will they make me gate check something?
Sure no worries , will be happy to ask the crew for you! I am actually interested to know myself what Comair do in club for infants, i have seen many young children but never any true infants in club in all my years. The 2's side is always the way to go , but if loads permits then in your case then 3's would work better with middle blocked for you to use for your infant. I have never had a issue with hand luggage nor seen anyone physically stopped, your push chair will be taken and gate checked for sure thou as they will not allow it in the cabin.
mediamonkey likes this.
Old Jan 19, 18, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flame3601 View Post
Sure no worries , will be happy to ask the crew for you! I am actually interested to know myself what Comair do in club for infants, i have seen many young children but never any true infants in club in all my years. The 2's side is always the way to go , but if loads permits then in your case then 3's would work better with middle blocked for you to use for your infant. I have never had a issue with hand luggage nor seen anyone physically stopped, your push chair will be taken and gate checked for sure thou as they will not allow it in the cabin.
Thanks again

Hoping they won't check the push-chair as it's specifically designed to be put in the carry on. It packs down to even smaller than my rucksack. Amazing design!
Old Jan 26, 18, 4:29 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
We did that exact flight and it was very nice. Don't really need a bassinet as it's not a long flight. Little one just on our laps. Club was pretty full so not really an option to bag a middle seat when we did it, but honestly it was no biggie.
mediamonkey likes this.