Search

BA First Class jim jams

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2018, 3:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
BA First Class jim jams

Morning

In First Class, does BA give out pyjamas on day time flights, like the 8am JFK to Heathrow departure, or are they just given out on overnight services?

Thanks

Last edited by Whenderson; Jan 19, 2018 at 3:14 am
Old Jan 19, 2018, 3:12 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Yes. If they're not offered proactively, feel free to ask and they will have them available. I often use them on day flights just to protect my shirt from food spillages etc!
Old Jan 19, 2018, 3:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Yes. If they're not offered proactively, feel free to ask and they will have them available. I often use them on day flights just to protect my shirt from food spillages etc!
Thanks
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
They should be offered proactively on all flights, except inter Caribbean flights.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 4:45 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
What they absolutely won't do though, under any circumstances, is refer to them as jim jams.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:15 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ, BA CCR GGL
Originally Posted by Airprox
What they absolutely won't do though, under any circumstances, is refer to them as jim jams.
'and why in the name of Willy W are they referred to as "sleep suits"? Seriously 😒
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:35 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by Nuster

'and why in the name of Willy W are they referred to as "sleep suits"? Seriously 😒
1. Because BA has a very large transatlantic presence and they couldn't decide whether to correctly call them pyjamas or use pajamas to pander to the yanks.

2. Because the crews want to get you into the correct mind-set ASAP that flights are for sleeping, for as long as possible, when you'll be no bother

3. Because as we keep being told, BA is a "Premium Airline"
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:42 am
DVT

Programs: BA Bronze
You will usually have to ask for the slippers, though!
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by Nuster

They’re not “sleep suits” as far as ba.com is concerned - where the good old-fashioned pyjamas makes an appearance.

(and we know that BA’s own website can always be relied upon for no-nonsense accuracy and attention to detail)

whenever you want some rest we'll turn your seat into a 198cm (6ft 6in) fully flat bed with a luxurious quilted mattress, crisp white cotton duvet and pillow while you slip into a pair of our wonderfully soft cotton pyjamas
Old Jan 19, 2018, 7:07 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
"Sleep suit" sounds like it ought to be a one-piece with the feet attached. Actually, I think I'd quite like one of those...
Old Jan 19, 2018, 7:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
I thought they were "Sleeper Suits".

I've got mine packed for my 12h WT flight in 4 hours... I should make sure I have a BA First pen to fill out the landing card too.......
Old Jan 19, 2018, 7:41 am

Slightly off topic - but I'm constantly hoping BA will revisit/upgrade these. I have a pair of Qantas first ones from a few years back which are amazing and the Cathay ones are probably the most comfortable items of clothing I've ever worn. The BA ones in comparison are so budget - also if you look on eBay they sell for 7 quid where's Cathay ones are up around 50.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 7:56 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ, BA CCR GGL
Originally Posted by Winchy78
Slightly off topic - but I'm constantly hoping BA will revisit/upgrade these. I have a pair of Qantas first ones from a few years back which are amazing and the Cathay ones are probably the most comfortable items of clothing I've ever worn. The BA ones in comparison are so budget - also if you look on eBay they sell for 7 quid where's Cathay ones are up around 50.
'true although BA do a good long leg whereas with CX I feel like something out of the Tudors.......
frank_poulankh and Geordie405 like this.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 8:28 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
I wish they had pockets [like CX and some others, have].
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by jms_uk
I wish they had pockets [like CX and some others, have].
interesting, what do you use the pockets for?
offtothehills likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.