Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge Attire

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2018, 7:28 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A gold, Skyteam elite plus, Hilton gold, SPG gold
Originally Posted by nufnuf77

Because it shows that people care and have certain level of class about them. Nobody likes spending time with riffraff less then I do...

well start by refusing admission to the lounge women that use too much parfum early in the morning, women wearing high heels that when she walks it seems the Irish river dance is on stage, women on the phone etc..... as you can see it goes both ways
Old Jan 19, 2018, 7:53 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by RolfD

well start by refusing admission to the lounge women that use too much parfum early in the morning, women wearing high heels that when she walks it seems the Irish river dance is on stage, women on the phone etc..... as you can see it goes both ways
Sounds like we should maybe just refuse admission to women....
Old Jan 19, 2018, 7:55 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Originally Posted by T8191
It makes my mind wander back to the Officers Mess dress code of the 60s. IIRC it was ... Lounge Suit in the evening on Mon, Tue, Thu. Sports Jacket or Blazer and Flannels on Wed, Fri. Can't quite remember the weekend code, but I suspect relaxed on only one evening.

It was accepted as the norm for gentlemen
In the 70's we were still suits Mon-Fri and sports jacket/blazer for Sat/Sun. Some regiments still dressed for dinner even then (Dinner Jacket for any who need to ask )
Old Jan 19, 2018, 8:14 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A gold, Skyteam elite plus, Hilton gold, SPG gold
Originally Posted by thijsseh
Sounds like we should maybe just refuse admission to women....
I was answering the comment made by nufnuf addressing how men should access the lounge.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 8:17 am

My next but one lounge access will see me arriving having worn the same clothes for 7 days of cycling...

... they get the attire they get, though I wouldn't blame anyone for not wanting to be anywhere near me!
Old Jan 19, 2018, 8:29 am

Programs: BA Gold (Emerald); Hilton Gold; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Radisson Gold
Qantas publishes a dress code (relevant to BA pax when flying on domestic codeshares!)

https://www.qantas.com/travel/airlin...ines/global/en
Old Jan 19, 2018, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by antichef
In the 70's we were still suits Mon-Fri and sports jacket/blazer for Sat/Sun. Some regiments still dressed for dinner even then (Dinner Jacket for any who need to ask )
The RAF was always scruffier than the Army! I’ve stayed in a couple of Army Messes on occasion ... and only once forgot to pack a suit! Aplogies were, however, accepted!!
Old Jan 19, 2018, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Because it shows that people care and have certain level of class about them.
Hardly. Dressing up doesn't turn mutton into lamb.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 9:56 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by T8191
The RAF was always scruffier than the Army! I’ve stayed in a couple of Army Messes on occasion ... and only once forgot to pack a suit! Aplogies were, however, accepted!!
junior Service, like little siblings need to learn.

incidentally, to those saying a dress code should be enforced so they don’t have to mingle with riffRaff, I’m afraid your clothes don’t buy Class
T8191 likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Surely peope flying “The Former World’s Favourite Airline” would have sufficient respect for the Company, the Staff and the entire Ethos of a Luxurious Airline Lounge (and indeed their fellow passengers) to dress with a little sensitivity for the environment?

This is not “The Rovers Return” or “The Queen Victoria”

[subtly returns to the BA theme as requested by Moderator )
bisonrav and SussexFly like this.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by RG1X
My next but one lounge access will see me arriving having worn the same clothes for 7 days of cycling...

... they get the attire they get, though I wouldn't blame anyone for not wanting to be anywhere near me!
See you arriving? Sounds like they might smell you first ....😎
RG1X likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by SussexFly
Are shorts acceptable? Should lounge attendees be wearing some form of collar?[/left]
Shorts are acceptable if they are burgundy.

If you wear a collar, make sure it is attached to a leash!
Old Jan 19, 2018, 12:41 pm

Having worn shorts in the ANU 'Executive Lounge' last year, I'm guessing they are giving you eyes because they think it's cold at the moment and are surprised you're wearing shorts.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 12:54 pm

Programs: BA (GGL/CCR)
Isn't this all very simple?

1. If you want to access a lounge, you should have the courtesy to follow any dress code imposed by the relevant lounge owner/operator. Aside from that, you are free to wear what you want (subject to decency laws etc.).
2. Since there are few, if any, specific dress codes in BA lounges, you are effectively free to wear what you want.
3. However, despite what some might think and some sensitive souls might desire, none of us has the right to be approved of by others. If someone else thinks your choice of clothing is inappropriate, it is as much their right to think that as it is your right to wear what you want. So if your dress sense (or lack of) attracts 'funny' or disapproving looks, tough. You will just have to suck it up (as our American friends so eloquently put it)!
Old Jan 19, 2018, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CCayley
3. However, despite what some might think and some sensitive souls might desire, none of us has the right to be approved of by others. If someone else thinks your choice of clothing is inappropriate, it is as much their right to think that as it is your right to wear what you want. So if your dress sense (or lack of) attracts 'funny' or disapproving looks, tough. You will just have to suck it up (as our American friends so eloquently put it)!
Last time I had a remark made about how I dress en route, I simply said "And I'm flying commando, too." That turned the sourpuss scarlet. (Btw, I was wearing a polo and cargos.)
thijsseh and nufnuf77 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.