Exceptional CE Experience LHR-ARN

Old Jan 19, 2018, 12:06 am

Programs: BA Gold
Had a very similar, very positive experience last evening on BA781, ARN-LHR, Herb grilled chicken supreme or fillet of Atlantic cod as menu choices. Chicken and truffled linguine was very good, cabin crew were very attentive and did a great job.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 12:38 am

Programs: UA 1K, BA GGL/CCR, TK Elite Plus, Marriott Gold4Lyfe, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Tesco Blue
I'm surprised to see that it's the same menu for ARN as for the long short-haul routes. I see 884 (Bucharest) on there, which is in the longer-banded short-haul flight range.

Nevertheless, I will enjoy this month's menu on my upcoming flight!
Old Jan 19, 2018, 12:43 am

I had the same meal coming back from OPT in early January. I would agree that the chicken lobster dish is very good!
Old Jan 19, 2018, 12:50 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by SkyTeem
I'm surprised to see that it's the same menu for ARN as for the long short-haul routes. I see 884 (Bucharest) on there, which is in the longer-banded short-haul flight range.

Nevertheless, I will enjoy this month's menu on my upcoming flight!
All "Long" flights get the same menu leaving LHR, and the same-but-different menu for the return. ARN is one of the shortest Longs (GOT isn't Long!), which stretch up to LCA and IST. More details in the main CE thread.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 1:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by orbitmic
It's always good to hear of people who have had enjoyable flights. Whilst the quality of the meals vary, I personally think that BA have got their concept for the new 'long' flights broadly right. I know I have already said it before, but to me, the weakest spot of CE catering by far is the medium band. For a flight roughly 10 minutes shorter, forget the nice looking chicken and pappardelle and you will only get the shrimp of wakame starter as your sole 'meal' (or the whole or half toastie instead if you prefer) alongside a smaller dessert.

Of course, you have to put the limit 'somewhere', but I am still of the opinion that the gap is truly excessive. Many of us have often suggested that if instead, medium flights kept the main dish and dessert as opposed to the tiny starter and dessert (let alone the tiny sandwiches you get on afternoon tea flights which are frankly ghastly), complaints about the new CE would reduce quite significantly. I still believe that it is the case and I hope that at one point, BA will end up hearing us.
A simple like doesnt do this post justice. Everything said here is spot on and I also hope BA listen.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by BerksFlyer

A simple like doesnt do this post justice. Everything said here is spot on and I also hope BA listen.
Awww... thanks!
Old Jan 19, 2018, 2:13 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
The "long" CE catering is as impressive as the "medium" is pathetic. They really need to do something quickly- it's a very silly state of affairs.
SkyTeem likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.