Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help! Can I fly LGW-TRN with no passport?!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2018, 6:29 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
What we don't know is if you actually know where your passport is. Searching devours time.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
What we don't know is if you actually know where your passport is. Searching devours time.
Fortunately that was not a problem! In the file in my drawer where I carefully put it after my last trip!

Now on the journey back to Gatwick - this is looking promising, readers!
Old Jan 17, 2018, 7:33 am

Programs: BA Silver, for now at least...
Be thankful BA are now south terminal, otherwise the run and wait for the shuttle would cost you another 10m
Old Jan 17, 2018, 7:47 am

Programs: BA Exec Club (Silver)
Anyone else feeling tense just reading that?

best of luck to the OP. Sincerely hope they make it.
Lost likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 7:50 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes, this is very tense. The Turin flight's departure time is 15:35 so our gallant poster will either be in or off by now.....
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 7:54 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold
The flight looks to be on time. T-45 and the crew are already on board. Good luck OP.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 7:57 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold
Leaving from gate 4 - not too far from security.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 8:00 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Up In The Air
Leaving from gate 4 - not too far from security.
Actually, thanks to LGW's strange numbering system, that is right at the end of the new, most southerly pier generally used by Norwegian, and previous Monarch (RIP). Gate 9 being the first gate (obviously). Still, it's better than any gate higher than 14.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 8:02 am
Original Poster

The hero of our story is fine! Just finishing a swift G&T in the lounge, and will then head off to Gate 4!

Thanks all for your tips and support!
wrp96, Prospero, Ldnn1 and 20 others like this.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by Deltus
The hero of our story is fine! Just finishing a swift G&T in the lounge, and will then head off to Gate 4!

Thanks all for your tips and support!
And a lounge visit, there you go. [Note the priorities, over keeping the denizens of this thread to to date]. Well done and whew!
Old Jan 17, 2018, 8:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
And a lounge visit, there you go. [Note the priorities, over keeping the denizens of this thread to to date]. Well done and whew!
Thanks! And in true CWS style, arrived at the gate at T-21. My reporting on the success or otherwise of group boarding will have to wait for another day.

And now there's a queue on the airbridge, I could have had another G&T...
Old Jan 17, 2018, 8:18 am

Smile

This is brilliant to follow, not so much for the OP obviously. I really want to know if he made it!
Old Jan 17, 2018, 8:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Plat
Thanks! And in true CWS style, arrived at the gate at T-21. My reporting on the success or otherwise of group boarding will have to wait for another day.

And now there's a queue on the airbridge, I could have had another G&T...
Superb! Well done Deltus 😀
Old Jan 17, 2018, 9:04 am

Programs: Newbie BA Gold
Can we have a live tracker of some sort? That would make these types of threads even more exciting.
nnn and RolfD like this.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 9:13 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A gold, Skyteam elite plus, Hilton gold, SPG gold
Just arrived at Gatwick without a passport, so dived back onto a train home. There's a chance I could make it back in time.

However, I have my UK photocard driving licence. If I change at East Croydon and go back to Gatwick, will I be able to fly with that, since it's all EU?

​​​​​​Can't believe how stupid I was!
​​​
sorry but a driver license is not an EU ID card, so chances are if you are allow to leave the U.K. upon return to the U.K. they might denied you entry or you will spend few hours with immigration trying to prove you are a British citizen! My advice talk to BA and reschedule your time and go home and get the proper documentation

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.